When your organisation subscribed to Deputy, a System administrator from your business entered your billing and payment details as well as your company details. System administrators can update these details as required.
This guide includes:
- How to access your company billing and payment details
- How to update your billing address
- How to update your company details and tax information
- How to update your payment information
- Changing the email for invoices
- Removing an email address for invoices from the system
- How to review previous invoices
- How to review SMS charges
- Annual plan renewal process
Note: For US customers please note that businesses located in Texas and Massachusetts are subject to local state tax laws, which is reflected in your Deputy invoice.
How to access your company billing and payment details
System administrators in Deputy can access their existing billing and payment details by clicking on the Account overview option in the menu under their name.
2. From the businesses list, click Settings for the business you would like to review company and billing details for.
3. Select the Billing tab from the menu on the left.
How to update your Billing address
Deputy asks you to enter a Billing address to verify authorised use of your payment method. This makes payment more secure for our customers.
To update your billing address, access the Billing tab in Deputy and click on Edit Billing address.
Amend any details you need to change about your billing and click Save.
How to update your company details and tax information
As well as billing details, Deputy also asks that you enter an accurate company legal business name, company address and tax number (where relevant) to ensure we calculate the applicable taxes.
To update your company information, access the Billing tab in Deputy and click on Edit Company address.
How to update your payment information
In the next screen select a tab to pay via:
If you need to update your credit card to a different card you can do this by clicking the edit Payment details button.
You will see the existing (redacted) details for the credit card currently in use displayed. If you wish to change this credit card to a different card enter your new credit card details and click Submit.
If valid, these new credit card details will now be used for ongoing payments in your Deputy account.
Note: If you are located in the UK and paying with your credit card, you will be prompted with an additional verification step from your card issuer. An example is shown below:
To pay via direct debit from your bank account, click on Direct Debit. Enter your name, billing address, tax information. If your company details are different from your billing details please uncheck the box and complete your company details. When you are finished, click Next.
Note: For the Tax information section at the bottom, you will need to ensure you have entered your company's legal business name for taxation purposes. In some regions, there may also be a field to enter a valid tax number or check a box to indicate you do not have a tax number. Read more about sales tax and Deputy in your region. If there is no field to enter a tax number then that means we do not require this information from you.
Enter the relevant bank details according to your region then click Submit.
Here are some examples of the regional-specific form you will see:
If you select PayPal you will be redirected to sign into your PayPal account to make the payment.
Once the payment information has been entered and saved it will be displayed on the Billing tab.
Updating your invoice email details
You can change the address where your Deputy invoices are emailed to.
1. Log in to your account at once.deputy.com
2. From the businesses list, click Billing next to the corresponding business you would like to change the invoice email details for.
3. Click Edit Billing Contact.
A pop-up box will appear.
4. At the bottom, there is a field to enter an email, which will receive your Deputy invoices.
5. Click Save when you are satisfied with the changes.
Removing an email address for invoices from the system
There may be an instance in your company where the original business owner has left the business, but their email address is still the primary billing address in Deputy.
To remove the email address for invoices:
Retrieving historical invoices
To view previous invoices:
1. If you are already logged in to your workplace account, click on the Billing option under your profile.
Otherwise log in to your account at once.deputy.com and click either Billing or Settings in your business list for the corresponding business you would like to check.
3. Click the Invoices tab and click View Invoice to download a PDF of your invoice.
Reviewing SMS charges
To view SMS charges:
1. Log in to your account at once.deputy.com
2. From the businesses list, click Settings for the business you would like to check SMS costs.
3. Click the Invoices tab and click View Invoice drop-down box and click Usage/SMS CSV.
SMS will appear on your invoice as SMS Charges. This includes information on quantity, unit price and total price.
Note: if you need a more detailed breakdown of which SMSs have been sent from your account in a specific service period please raise a ticket with Support to request this information.
Renew your annual plan
System Administrators have the option to add 12 additional months to their annual subscription at any time. If you do not renew your annual subscription before it expires you will revert to an annual plan.
Read Renew your Annual plan for more assistance.
Note: you can cancel your annual subscription before your 12 month plan expires but no refunds for the remaining months will be given in this instance.