Please note you must be a System Administrator in your Deputy account to make any billing information changes.
This guide includes:
- How to enter your billing details
- How to update your company details
- How to update your credit card
- Changing the email for invoices
- Removing an email address for invoices from the system
- How to review previous invoices
- How to review SMS charges
- Annual plan renewal process
Note: For US customers please note that businesses located in Texas and Massachusetts are subject to local state tax laws, which is reflected in your Deputy invoice.
Enter your payment and billing details
2. From the businesses list, click Settings for the business you would like to add billing details for.
3. Select Billing and then Add Payment Details.
4. In the next screen select a tab to pay via:
Enter your name and address for billing details then your credit card details to make payment.
Note: We require the Billing address to verify the authorised use of the credit card you are using. If your Company address differs from your Billing address please uncheck the box and enter your Company address in the fields that appear. Entering an accurate company address assists us to calculate the correct taxes.
Note: If you are located in the UK and paying with your credit card, you will be prompted with an additional verification step from your card issuer. An example is shown below:
To pay via direct debit from your bank account, click on Direct Debit, enter your name and billing address and click Next.
Note: We require the Billing address to verify the authorised use of the Direct debit you are entering. If your Company address differs from your Billing address please uncheck the box and enter your Company address in the fields that appear. Entering an accurate company address assists us to calculate the correct taxes.
Then enter the relevant bank details according to your geographical region:
If you select PayPal you will be redirected to sign into your PayPal account to make the payment.
Once the payment information has been entered and saved it will be displayed on the Billing Overview page.
How to update your company details
Deputy asks you to enter a Billing address to verify authorised use of your payment method, however we also ask that you enter an accurate company address to ensure we calculate the applicable taxes.
In some cases, your Billing address may differ from your Company address. If so, you will need to enter your company details separately.
2. From the businesses list, click Settings for the business you would like to add company details for.
Update your credit card
|Note for UK Visa card customers only: (Effective 1 February 2023) Improved Visa security processes in the UK require you to re-enter your Visa card details in Deputy. Please follow the instructions below.|
If you need to update a credit card used for billing, please follow these steps:
2. From the businesses list, click Settings for the business you would like to change the billing details for.
3. Select Billing then Edit Payment details.
4. You will see the existing (redacted) details for the credit card currently in use displayed. If you wish to change this credit card to a different card enter your new credit card details and click Submit.
If valid, these new credit card details will now be used for ongoing payments in your Deputy account.
Updating your invoice email details
You can change the address where your Deputy invoices are emailed to.
2. From the businesses list, click Billing next to the corresponding business you would like to change the invoice email details for.
3. Click Edit Billing Contact.
A pop-up box will appear.
4. At the bottom, there is a field to enter an email, which will receive your Deputy invoices.
5. Click Save when you are satisfied with the changes.
Removing an email address for invoices from the system
There may be an instance in your company where the original business owner has left the business, but their email address is still the primary billing address in Deputy.
To remove the email address for invoices:
Retrieving historical invoices
To view previous invoices:
1. If you are already logged in to your workplace account, click on the Billing option under your profile.
Otherwise log in to your account at once.deputy.com and click either Billing or Settings in your business list for the corresponding business you would like to check.
3. Click the Invoices tab and click View Invoice to download a PDF of your invoice.
Reviewing SMS charges
To view SMS charges:
2. From the businesses list, click Settings for the business you would like to check SMS costs.
3. Click the Invoices tab and click View Invoice drop-down box and click Usage/SMS CSV.
SMS will appear on your invoice as SMS Charges. This includes information on quantity, unit price and total price.
Note: if you need a more detailed breakdown of which SMSs have been sent from your account in a specific service period please raise a ticket with Support to request this information.
Renew your annual plan
System Administrators have the option to add 12 additional months to their annual subscription at any time. If you do not renew your annual subscription before it expires you will revert to an annual plan.
Read Renew your Annual plan for more assistance.
Note: you can cancel your annual subscription before your 12 month plan expires but no refunds for the remaining months will be given in this instance.