This article will show you what information to include when submitting a ticket with Deputy Support. The more detail you provide upfront, the better our engineers can resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
To streamline the process, we highly recommend following these steps:
- Include an appropriate subject line describing your issue
- What is your account URL?
- Is support access enabled?
- Issue summary
- Who is experiencing the issue?
- Which platform is the issue occurring on?
- Screenshots or error messages?
- When did this issue last occur?
- Are you able to consistently replicate the issue, or does it appear to occur randomly?
- Any notable recent changes we should be aware of?
- Which Deputy Help Center article are you following?
- Is this query related to an existing or previous support ticket you have raised?
Note: Whenever possible, we kindly request you to use the terms and feature names as they appear in Deputy, avoiding any internal short-hand or slang. This practice significantly reduces the risk of misunderstandings and ensures smoother communication.
1. Include an appropriate subject line describing your issue
Summarise the issue you are experiencing in less than ten words.
2. What is your account URL?
You can see your account URL in the address bar of your browser. Please copy it and add it to your ticket information.
3. Is support access enabled?
Enabling support access in your account lets Deputy engineers log in, view and troubleshoot issues directly.
Please enable support access when reporting a problem. If you are unable to complete this, you may find you need a System Administrator in your account to provide permission.
4. Issue summary
Please provide a short description of the issue, describing its behaviour and the impact on your business.
Consider the following questions:
5. Who is experiencing the issue?
Is this affecting only specific individuals, or many people? Is it affecting certain access permission groups?
Please provide the names and/or email addresses of a few employees you know are definitely affected.
6. Which platform is the issue occurring on?
How are you accessing Deputy when you experience the issue?
- Web browser - which web browser are you using? Deputy recommends using Google Chrome
- Mobile app - Android or iOS? What version are you using?
- Kiosk app - Android or iOS? What version are you using?
7. Screenshots / Error Messages
To help our Deputy engineers understand and address the issue effectively, please provide a screenshot capturing the following details:
- A full screenshot that clearly shows the entire interface, along with the date and time it was taken.
- Any error messages or notifications you are encountering.
Adhering to the above guidelines ensures that our team is on the same page as you. For instance, using terms like "leave view" might have multiple interpretations, and a screenshot aids in precise identification and resolution of the problem.
8. When did this issue last occur?
If feasible, kindly provide a rough estimate of the date and time when you last encountered this problem. This additional detail will assist our team in pinpointing and reviewing the relevant logs or data associated with the issue and expediting the troubleshooting process.
9. Are you able to consistently replicate the issue, or does it appear to occur randomly?
If you can consistently replicate the problem, we would greatly appreciate it if you could provide us with detailed steps. These steps will enable our Deputy engineers to reproduce and observe the issue firsthand, facilitating more in-depth analysis and resolution.
10. Any notable recent changes we should be aware of?
Please take a moment to reflect on any recent configuration changes that you or your colleagues have made to Deputy. Additionally, consider any notable actions that might have occurred between the time when Deputy was functioning correctly and the present moment when you are encountering this issue. These actions could be potential factors related to the problem.
If you identify any such changes or actions, kindly provide us with the details. This information will aid our investigation in identifying possible causes and expediting the resolution process.
11. Which Deputy Help Center article are you following?
If your support query is related to a Deputy help article, please share the link to help us better understand what you are trying to achieve.
12. Is this query related to an existing or previous support ticket you have raised?
For past support queries related to this issue, please provide the ticket number. If you don't have the ticket number, you can share the subject, the name of the previous engineer, and the approximate date of the interaction. This helps us retrieve your previous query efficiently and ensures continued support.