In this article, we will cover:
Before you get started, you'll need to be either a System Administrator or Location Manager. Please note, these features are intended for experienced users of Deputy. If you're just starting up and still learning how it all works, we'd recommend taking a look at these once you're comfortable with the system.
What Are Extensions And What Do They Do?
Extensions add additional functionality to your Deputy account. These include triggers and actions such as notifications, emails or events with Deputy.
List of Extensions
Below you can find a list of our current extensions with links to what they do:
- Approved Timesheet/Leave Request > Accrue And Deduct Leave Balance
- Birthday Today > Send Notification
- Birthday Today > Update Junior Pay Rates
- Birthday today > Webhook Call
- Clocking Far Away From Location > Alert Manager
- Employee Starts/ End Shift or Breaks > Send Notification
- Expiring Training > Send Notification
- Forgotten Timesheet > Send Notification
- Late to Clock Off > Notify Manager
- Late To Clock On > Send Notification
- Mandatory Break > Send Notification
- New Day > Reset Sales Budget
- New Deputy Record > Webhook Call
- New Unavailability > Send Notification
- Review Timesheets > Send Notification
- Scheduled Time of Day > End Current Shift, Start a New Shift
- Scheduled Shift > Auto Start and Finish
- Split Timesheets > Split Timesheets by Rosters
- Upcoming Stress Schedule > Send Notification
- Upcoming Shift > Send Notification
- Unfilled Open Shift > Send Notification
- Work Anniversary Today > Send Notification
- Work Anniversary Event > Webhook Call
How do I activate an extension?
Click on the drop-down profile menu on the top right-hand side of the screen and select Integrations.
Then select the Deputy Extensions module from the Integrations available.
Select the Location you wish to configure the Extensions for and click on Configure.
From here you will be presented with a list of available Deputy extensions and you can find the one you need by typing in the name of the extension.
Click Activate to open the extension.
Now you can configure the settings of the extension to your organisation's requirements.
If you would like the extension to apply to ALL locations rather than just the location you selected in an earlier step, then there is an option to toggle this ON in every extension.
Don't forget to hit Save before you close the window.