- Getting started
- Exporting from Deputy to MYOB Payroll (desktop)
- Importing into MYOB
This article describes the process to export your employee's timesheets from Deputy as a txt file that can be imported into MYOB Payroll (desktop) including to MYOB AccountEdge.
If you need to connect your Deputy account to your 'Live' cloud-based version of MYOB account to export your timesheets, please instead read the articles for Exporting to MYOB AccountRight Live or Exporting to MYOB Business.
Settings to configure in Deputy and MYOB before export
Before you export timesheets please ensure you have checked the following fields match in both systems:
- The employee Payroll ID in Deputy matches the Employee Card ID number in MYOB
- The first and last names entered in Deputy match exactly to that entered in MYOB. If you employee has a middle or second name entered, ensure it appears in the same field in both systems.
- The Area export code in Deputy matches the Job Code in MYOB (if used)
- Leave names used in Deputy and MYOB are identical
- If you are using Deputy's pay rate library to allocate pay rates to your employees in Deputy then ensure the pay rate export codes match between Deputy and MYOB
Also please make the following configurations in MYOB:
- Ensure that MYOB is set to accept timesheets as an import.
- Check that the Payroll categories you require are set up in MYOB including your base hourly and you may also choose to have custom Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday rates or use Payroll categories to match award pay rates from Deputy's pay rate library.
- Standard Pay Hours must be set to 0 in MYOB on each relevant employee’s card otherwise the hours imported from the timesheets will be added to any number appearing in the field.
- Ensure that salary employees are listed as salary and have their standard hours set to the accurate auto-pay amount in MYOB.
Exporting from Deputy to MYOB Payroll (desktop)
When setting pay rates for your employees in Deputy you can choose to set:
- basic standard pay rates (Weekday, Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday) or
- assign pay rates from Deputy pay rate library of awards
Whichever option you choose (or a mix of both options) you can export these timesheets to MYOB as a single export file but will have to edit the export codes slightly differently depending on the pay rate type.
When exporting using pay rates from our pay rate library you will need to match the export codes between MYOB and Deputy before you export the timesheets. To edit the export codes, simply click 'Group by Pay Rate' when exporting timesheets. You can then edit the entry in the 'Export Code' field. Remember to press 'Save' when you are finished.
1. On the Export Timesheets page, select the employees and date range of timesheets you wish to export and then click on Group by Pay Rate.
- For timesheets that contain a pay rate from our pay rate library you can click on Edit to edit the export code to match the payroll category you have set up in MYOB and assigned to this employee. Click Save and Export Selected Items.
- For timesheets that contain basic pay rates such as Weekday, Saturday, Sunday and Public Holiday you do not need to edit the export codes here so you can click Export Selected Items.
2. Select MYOB Payroll (desktop) from the list of payroll systems and nominate a file name for the export file you wish to generate.
3. Scroll further down the pop-up to enter your MYOB Payroll Category name for each of the Deputy basic pay rates fields for:
- public holidays
Then click Export.
Deputy will now take some time to generate the MYOB payroll (desktop) export file.
4. The following message will appear when the file is successfully generated, please click Download File. Please ensure you have set your browser to allow pop-ups.
5. A txt file will then be downloaded to your computer (in the Downloads folder) named whatever you specified in step 2.
Importing timesheets into MYOB
Once the file has been successfully exported from Deputy, it can then be imported into MYOB.
1. In MYOB please navigate to File > Import Data > Timesheets.
2. Set the following fields:
- Import File Format to Tab-delimited
- First Record to Header Record
- Identify Employees by to Employee Card ID
3. Click Continue
4. Select the file you have just downloaded from Deputy and a window will appear similar to below:
5. You need to match the Import field (from your txt file) to the MYOB fields by clicking on the Import field first then on the corresponding MYOB field to select them.
IMPORTANT: Do not use Match All as it may not match correctly.
For a successful import, the fields must be manually matched in the order below:
|Import Field (from Deputy file)||MYOB field|
|Emp. Co/Last name||Emp. Co/Last name|
|Emp. First name||Emp. First Name|
|Emp. Card ID||Employee. Card ID|
|Payroll category (pay rate name that you specified when exporting from Deputy)||Payroll Category|
|Job (Area export code you specified in Deputy)||Job|
|Date (date hours worked)||Date|
|Units (number of hours worked)||Units|
6. If the fields have been matched correctly, you will see a screen similar to the one below then click Import.
7. If they were matched correctly and the import was successful, the import screen will look similar to the one below. If you have matched incorrectly, you will receive an error. If this is the case, please match the fields again manually.
8. The imported information will be displayed under "Timesheets" and may now be utilised as usual for processing your pay run. You may adjust "Base Hourly" here to whichever condition is applicable for your employees.
9. You may now follow your usual process for processing payroll in MYOB.