To edit or update any employee's details on a team member's profile page, you'll need to have Location Manager, System Administrator or Advisor access.
Updating a single team member's details
1. On the People page, click on the name of the team member you wish to update.
2. Select Personal from the menu on the left-hand side and then click on Edit to update:
- First name
- Last name
- Preferred name (your team members will be able to set their preferred name through their own global profile)
- Date of birth (see tip for when entering date of birth)
- Emergency contact name and number
Trying to update the employee's email or phone number? Read here for more information.
After making any required adjustments, click Save.
|Access Level||This setting determines what the team member can access in Deputy.|
|Works at||Which locations they work at in your organisation|
|Hired on||The date they started working in your organisation|
This is where you add training modules and will affect which areas the team member is recommended to work in.
|Employment||Select from Full time, Part time or Casual|
|Pay rates||Enter the hourly rates or use our pay rule library|
|Payroll ID||A unique identifier used for payroll. Enter your team member's code here that matches with your Payroll system.|
Set your team member's:
|Stress profile||Scheduling rules such as maximum working hours and minimum hours between shifts.|
|Leave entitlements||Add the leave types your team member is entitled to.|
Using Bulk actions to update employee details
If you need to update more than one team member's details with the same information you can do this using Bulk actions. One example of this might be adding 10 different team members to a new Location.
1. On the People tab, use the filters to display the team members you need and select all or just click on the check boxes to select the team members you wish to update.
2. Click on Bulk actions and then the detail you would like to update, such as Add location.
You can use Bulk actions to make the following updates or actions for multiple team members:
- Add location
- Set access
- Set stress profile
- Add training
- Send message
- Sync with Xero (if connected)
- Set pay rates
- Set leave balance
- Add leave entitlement
- Archive Team member
- Set agreed hours
- Send invitation (if the Team member has not yet accepted an invitation to join Deputy)
- Set standard hours (used to calculate a 'day' of leave)
- Export Team members' details to a spreadsheet
Using Bulk Import update by CSV
- selecting the team member you wish to update in the People tab
- in the Bulk actions drop-down menu, select Export Team member's details
- Open the downloaded spreadsheet on your computer and make the required changes then save as a CSV file.
- Upload to Deputy using the Bulk Import/Update tool.
Read Bulk Import/Update using data from a CSV file for more information.
Why can't I change my team member's contact information?
When editing a team member you may note that their contact information is greyed out and inaccessible to you, as shown below.
Once a team member has accepted their invitation to Deputy, only that team member can change their email address or mobile number.
While this may seem inconvenient for managers and administrators, it's an unavoidable consequence of Deputy’s ongoing commitment to the highest level of security. After all, Deputy is much more than just a networking and communication tool. Deputy is critical to the operation of our customers’ businesses and contains sensitive data of both businesses and their team members. As a result, our approach to security has the same rigour as an accounting or internet banking platform.
Consider the following scenarios:
- A manager changes a team member’s mobile number to his own, and accesses her Kiosk PIN (which she unwisely set to be same as her ATM PIN) and uses it to access her bank account.
- An administrator changes a team member’s password to her own and uses it to access his Deputy account, in which he is a manager at another business, and has access to the confidential data of that second business.
Though these may seem unlikely circumstances, anything that may allow alteration of a private password or PIN presents an unconscionable risk to our customers' data, and as such is locked to preserve security. Our customers can always rely on Deputy to protect them from risks such as these.
Note: If managers need to reset the login details of a team member (in the instance they no longer have access to their email to reset their own password) then they can follow these steps.
How do I enter the date of birth in the employee profile?
Use the bar at the top of the date picker to quickly select the year the year or month as shown in the example below: