When logging into your Deputy profile to update or change your email address you may encounter the following error:
"EmailAddress: Your email has been used by others, please choose another one"
The most common reason for this error is that you have another Deputy account set up that is already using this 'new' email address.
To avoid the error and change your email address, please follow these steps:
- Log into Deputy using the 'new' email address you want to change your account to. If you can't remember the Deputy password associated with this account use the Forgot Password link to reset it.
2. Click on Edit Profile.
Note: if you see this email address is associated with any business (it would be listed below the Businesses heading) then you will need to contact that business first, about being removed from their organisation before you can delete your Deputy account associated with this email address.
If you don't see any business listed, please continue to the next step.
3. Click on the Profile tab and click Delete my account. Click OK to confirm.
4. Once your Deputy account associated with the 'new' email is deleted return to the Deputy log in page and log in with your 'old' email address and password.
5. Click on Edit Profile and then on the Profile tab click the Update link next to the email address you want to change.
6. You will have to first re-enter your Deputy password for security purposes then click Continue.
7. Enter your 'new' email address and click Continue. You should not get the "EmailAddress: Your email has been used by others, please choose another one" error now that you have deleted the Deputy account associated with that email address. If you do still get the error, please contact Support.
8. Deputy will now send an email to your 'new' email address, requiring you to verify you have access to the email address. Once you have verified the email, Deputy will update your account with the new email address and you should use that email address to log in in the future.