This feature is only for businesses located in Australia.
- Before you can sync with Xero
- Sync employee information to Xero
- Which employee details are sync'd
Before you can sync with Xero
First, you will need to check you have:
Syncing new hire onboarding information to Xero
In your onboarded new hire's profile, go to the Forms and documents on the left-hand side. If you have not approved the onboarding forms, click the Sync and approve button and you will see an option to sync to Xero. Make sure this tick box is checked:
If you have requested updated onboarding information from the new hire and need to sync the updated details, click Sync details and then you'll be able to sync the new information through to Xero.
If the sync is successful, the next time you open to view the form, you will see a date and timestamp.
Onboarding details updated in Xero
Deputy sends the onboarding details to the following categories within the employee profile in Xero:
- First name
- Last name
- Date of birth
- Street address
- Postal code
- Emergency contact details - not available due to a limitation from Xero
Bank account details
- Account name
- Account number
- Fund name
- Type (defaults to regulated)
- Superfund ID
- Employee/membership number (if your employee has selected Superfund nominated by Employer, it won't sync and you will need to manually enter their member details into Xero)
Tax declaration details
- Tax file number (TFN)
- TFN pending or exemption status
- TFN exemption type
- Employment basis
- Residency status
- Tax-free threshold claimed
- HELP debt
- SFSS / financial supplement debt
- Eligible to receive leave loading (set to disabled)
My team member selected 'Superfund nominated by Employer', how do I allocate their member number?
Once you have created a Super fund account on their behalf, you have two options:
If you would like to keep the member number stored in the onboarding form, you can send a Request changes (in Forms and documents) and include a comment for your team member to
1. update the selection to 'My own choice of superannuation fund'
2. search for the nominated Super fund
3. enter the newly obtained member number
For Xero customers, you can either do the suggestion above and use the Sync to Xero option OR enter the Super fund details manually in Xero.