This process allows you to audit start/end times, and to see if anyone has edited times after approval vs when an employee clocked on/off.
Before you start
To access this option, you'll need to be either a Location Manager or System Administrator. This option will only work for approved timesheets.
How does it work?
To compare the clocked times against the approved times, you'll need to export a file from Deputy. To 1. Click on Timesheets then Export Timesheets.
2. Set your date range and location at the top of the screen. This will display all approved timesheets for all employees in the chosen location(s) and for the dates selected.
3. On the left-hand side, you'll now see all Team members with approved timesheets. Select the Team member's timesheets you wish to review. Click Export Selected Items.
4. Click on the dropdown menu and select Timesheet CSV with History Audit then click Export.
Interpret the report
Let's look at the fields generated in the report and what each of the fields represent
|Employee First Name||Employee's first name (not preferred name)|
|Employee Last Name||Employee Last Name|
|Employee Code||Payroll ID|
|Area Name||Area Name|
|Area Code||Area export code if assigned|
|Location Name||Location Name|
|Start Time||The start time on the approved timesheet - see Note 1|
|End Time||The end time on the approved timesheet - see Note 2|
|Total Meal break||Minutes taken for meal break on the approved timesheet|
|Meal break slots|
|Original Start Time||The time when the employee actually clocked on - see Note 1|
|Original Timesheet Creator||The user that created the timesheet|
|Original End Time||Could be the actual shift end time or end time when the timesheet was approved - see Note 2.|
|Original End Time Modifier User||The user (or Deputy) that modified the end time|
|Original Creation Date||The date and time that the timesheet was created|
|Last Modifier User||The user (or Deputy) that last modified the timesheet|
|Last Modified Date||The date and time the timesheet was last modified|
Note 1: Start Times
"Start Time" is the start time on the approved time sheet. This value may have been changed when approving the timesheet.
"Original Start Time" This is the time the employee actually clocked on.
- If these two times are the same, the employee's start time was not changed when the timesheet was approved.
- If the "Start Time" is different to the "Original Start Time", then the start time was changed (for example rounded, or changed to match the scheduled start time) when the timesheet was approved.
Note 2: End Times
- The "Original End Time" will be the projected end time.
- The "End Time" will be the actual time the employee clocked off.
If the timesheet was modified when it was approved:
- The "Original End Time" will become the time the employee actually clocked off.
- The "End Time" will show the modified value from the approved time sheet.
How to tell if the "Original End Time" is the projected end time or actual end time:
- If the “Original End Time Modifier User” is the same as the "Original Timesheet Creator", then the "Original End Time" was a time projected by Deputy, by adding shift length to the actual start time.
- If the “Original End Time Modifier User” is different to the "Original Timesheet Creator", then the "Original End Time" is the time the employee actually clocked on.