This guide will detail the steps to set up the Paycor integration and provide details on how the integration works. This integration was built and is supported by Paycor. For ALL setup help and support of this integration, please contact Paycor Support.
- Before you begin
- Integration overview
- Getting started
- Using the integration
Before you begin
There are currently two different ways you can share data between Deputy and Paycor:
1. Exporting timesheet data from Deputy as file export that can then be imported into Paycor as required. Read more about how to do this at Exporting to Paycor.
2. Activate the Paycor integration as explained in this article to sync data on an ongoing basis.
Note: To activate this integration you must be live on Paycor payroll and must be a Company Admin, HR Admin or Payroll Admin within Paycor to activate this integration. You must also have a Deputy account already set up to connect to Paycor.
The Paycor Deputy integration consists of three parts:
|Paycor > Deputy
|Employee demographic data
|Paycor > Deputy
|Only if you have Perform Accruals activated in Paycor
|Deputy > Paycor
|Time data into the pay grid
Activating the integration
1. Log in to Paycor using your Paycor credentials and activate the integration using this link.
2. The activation needs to be done for each Paycor client ID that is a part of the integration
3. Scroll down and select your Paycor client ID, check both boxes and click Integrate
4. The integration is now active, however, it will produce an error if the mapping is not completed.
Mapping the integration
Before you start:
- The activation step must be completed. The mapping option isn’t available within Paycor unless this step has been completed.
- You must have an understanding of the standard Paycor codes and Deputy codes particularly the pay rules within Deputy.
Note: Mapping is completed during this initial stage of the integration, but is also available ongoing if you need to edit some mapping later.
1. To map your codes, navigate to Reports > Integrations Management in Paycor.
2. Click on Integration Settings.
3. On the Partner Integrations page, click Deputy.
4. Select the specific Paycor client ID. The mapping needs to be completed for each Paycor client ID that is a part of the integration.
5. Add mapping for Earning codes.
6. Click Add row.
Note: Data is pulled from the Deputy timesheets. Please be aware of any pay rules that you are using within Deputy. All pay combinations must be mapped between Deputy and Paycor. Consider the type of pay when mapping, for example, the code “Base rate – FLSA Daily Rate” within Deputy is the employee’s regular pay so that pay rule (earning) would map to Paycor’s “Regular” earning.
If you are unsure where to find a list of pay rules within Deputy, the full list can be found on the employee profile under Employment details > Pay details.
7. Repeat for adding Department IDs’ click Add Row.
8. Be sure to click Save when complete.
Using the integration
Changes to employee information in Paycor will sync to Deputy automatically. There is no action required by the user to sync these changes.
If you have Perform Accruals activated in Paycor then PTO accruals in Paycor will sync to Deputy automatically. There is no action required by the user to sync these changes.
Employee time data
For clients using Deputy Timesheets to track team members' hours, there is action needed by the user when processing payroll.
Please select Partner Time Integration from the dropdown on the upper left on the Import Pay screen and click Import.
This will automatically load the employee hours from Deputy into the pay grid when you click Next.
How can you check to see if there are errors with the time data coming into Paycor?
Check Reports > Integrations Management within Paycor to see if there were any errors when bringing in the time data. You can filter on “Deputy” to help narrow down your list. For more information read Managed Integration Job Aid.
For errors on the list, you may need to check your mapping if any types of pay code are displaying as errors.
Also if an employee isn’t found within Paycor, check to see if they are in Paycor as you may need to hire them into the system.
What if you aren’t seeing an earning code come into Paycor or perhaps hours are going to a wrong code?
Check your mapping. Follow the instructions for Integrations Management in the Mapping section of this guide.
What if you add new Paycor earning codes, change your Deputy pay rules or reorganize your departments?
There is action required:
- Add the codes/depts to Paycor and the same within Deputy.
- Go into Integrations Management (using the navigation in the mapping section of these instructions).
- Click on Update List. This will make your new account available to map.
This integration was built and is supported by Paycor. For ALL setup help and support of this integration, please contact Paycor Support.