Using a file download, you can create a timesheet file export in Deputy that you can import into Extensis.
Before you begin
Please ensure that your employees have a Payroll ID entered in Deputy and that it is no longer than five (5) characters otherwise you will get an error during export.
Exporting to Extensis
1. On the Timesheets tab select Export Timesheets.
2. Use the Location and date selector to select the workplace and date range you would like to export approved timesheets for.
3. Select the employees' timesheets you would like to export.
4. Click Export Selected Items.
5. Select Extensis from the payroll application drop-down list.
6. There are a number of boxes you may need to fill in, depending on your business setup:
- Client ID
- Code for Ordinary Hours
- Code for any hours over 8 hours per day as 1.5 times
- Code for any hours over 13 hours per day as 2 times
- Code for over 40 hours a week as overtime, 1.5 times
- Apply 7th day rule. If worked 7 consecutive days, first 8 hours paid as 1.5 times, and the rest as double
- Apply a Sunday overtime code
- Apply a Public Holiday overtime code
- Code for Sick Leave taken
- Code for Annual Leave take
7. When you are done, click Export.
If you have employees who do not have a Payroll ID entered in Deputy, or if it is over 5 characters, you will receive the following error message.
If the export has been completed successfully you will receive a prompt to Download File.
You will now be asked to save the export file (txt) to your computer. Please ensure that it is in a location on your computer that you can easily find when you are ready to upload the file to Extensis.