Deputy is rolling out a new leave management system which is currently only available to select customers in the UK before being made available more widely later this year.
This article is intended for Deputy customers using the new leave management feature. If you are a Deputy Premium customer in the UK and not using the new system yet, please read Preparing to migrate to the new leave management experience.
Once you have created your leave policies you are ready to assign them to your team members:
- Getting started
- Assign a leave policy to a team member
- Assign leave policies to multiple team members in a bulk action
Before you can assign leave policies to your team please ensure:
- you have Location Manager or System Administrator access to your Deputy account
- you have configured your leave policies
- you have set a pay rate for your team members
Assign a leave policy to a team member
1. On the People page click on the name of the team member you would like to modify. Select Employment from the left-hand menu then click Edit.
2. Under Leave Entitlements you can click Add Leave Entitlements to assign the leave entitlement to this team member's profile.
3. Select from the list or type to search for a leave entitlement to apply.
5. If you add a leave entitlement that has been set up to track leave in days, you must also specify a standard hours value - this is the number of hours payable for a day of leave for this team member.
For example, if you have a team member with a leave entitlement in days who typically works 4 hours of paid work per day, you can set up a standard hours value for them in their profile. This will then ensure that for each new leave request they submit, a ‘day’ of leave will show as 4 hours payable.
Read more about how Deputy determines what a 'day' of leave is at Setting standard hours for a work day when managing leave.
Adding leave entitlements to multiple team members in a bulk action
To assign leave entitlements to multiple team members at once:
1. On the People tab, use the filter to display the team members you need and then select all or just click the checkboxes next to each team member you would like to add a particular leave entitlement to.
2. Click Bulk actions and select Add leave entitlement.
2. In the box that appears, select the leave entitlement you would like to apply to the team members from the dropdown list and click Add.