If you are using Xero tracking codes to see how different areas of your business are performing, you can configure Deputy to help you with this when exporting timesheet information from Deputy to Xero.
Add an Area code in Deputy
To enable you to utilise Deputy timesheet information for Xero tracking you need to identify the Areas in Deputy you would like to track and match up in Xero.
1. On the Locations page, click on Edit Settings for the Location you wish to edit.
2. On the Areas tab, click on Edit for the Area you wish to add an export code to.
3. In the popup, click Advanced area settings.
4. Enter your unique Area code (that you will match to the tracking category in Xero) into the Export code field and click Save.
5. Repeat this process for each Area in each Location you wish to track, using a unique Area export code for each Area in Deputy.
Match the area code to the Xero Tracking category
1. Now in Xero click on Setting in the menu under your organisation name
2. Click on Looking for Advanced Settings?
3. Click on Tracking categories
4. Click Add Tracking Catgeory
5. Enter a name for your Tracking category and then in each option add the matching export codes of all the Areas you set up in Deputy. Then click Save when done.
Note: You can add up to 100 tracking options for each category with a maximum of 2 categories. These category options need to match exactly with the Deputy area export codes otherwise they will not track correctly.
6. Return to Settings > Payroll Settings
7. Click on the Organisation tab, select the Timesheet category you just configured and click Save.
Timesheet tracking will now be enabled in Xero and the Deputy timesheets from the relevant areas in Deputy will now be tracked to these categories in Xero.