This article will cover
Before you begin
Ensure you have:
- Shopify account access for your organisation
- Deputy System Administrator or Location manager access
Alternatively, install Deputy from the Shopify app store:
- If you don't already use Deputy you can also install Deputy directly from the Shopify app store.
Connect to Shopify from Deputy
Read Connecting new integrations for an introduction to connecting to third-party systems.
1. Once you have selected Shopify on Deputy's integration page and selected your location to connect to Shopify, you will be asked to enter your Shopify URL. Click Authenticate.
2. Your Shopify account name will show and you will be asked to login with your Shopify credentials.
3. Then click Install app to allow Shopify and Deputy exchange information.
4. The Shopify screen will close showing your Shopify connected locations in Deputy. If this page does not update instantly to show the connection, try refreshing your browser. Now you are ready to configure your integration by clicking Configure.
Mapping sales within Deputy
For each location within Deputy, you will be able to map all online sales or all POS sales to individual areas within Deputy.
1. Within your connected Shopify integration in Deputy, click on Activate.
2. Click on the drop-down menu and select which Shopify location you want to link to this Deputy location to.
3. Use the drop-down menus to select which Area in Deputy will link to each channel in Shopify including the default area where any other transactions should go. Click Save when you are done.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
What counts as "Online orders" in Shopify?
Any order that is paid for through your Shopify online store.
It is currently recommended you only map online orders to 1 area in Deputy at this time. We do not support mapping to multiple areas or locations at the moment.
If you do this you might experience a mismatch of sales in Deputy and Shopify.
What counts as "Retail POS sales" in Shopify?
Any order that was paid through Shopify's physical point-of-sale registers.
What happens with sales tax on transactions?
When the Shopify integration sends Sales Data from Shopify to Deputy:
- if the state/region that the POS terminal is operating in has a sales tax applied to the transaction, then Deputy will sync the total amount and that includes sales tax.
- if the state/region that the POS terminal is operating in a sales tax-free region, then Deputy will take the sales amount only, as there is no tax to include.
Does the integration pull Shopify draft orders?
Yes, however, you are not able to map draft orders to a specific area at this time.
e.g. If you make an order via the Shopify Admin portal but haven't marked as it paid, it will move into a draft state. This order will be pulled into Deputy as a sales record and allocated to the area you have specified in "As a default".
Does the integration support timesheet sync?
Not at this time. Give us feedback if this will help your business.
When do orders get added to Deputy?
Our integration pulls orders from Shopify every 15 minutes. You can manually pull Shopify orders:
1. Click on Edit on your Active integration in the Location you wisht o pull data for.
2. Click on Run Now.
Can I connect multiple Shopify accounts to the same Deputy business?
Not at this time.