- Why should I connect Deputy with a Box account?
- Before you connect
- Connecting your Deputy and Box account
- Configure your integration
Why should I connect Deputy with a Box account?
Our Box integration can serve a number of functions using Deputy extensions.
New Photo > Box Upload
When a new Deputy Kiosk photo is taken, it will be uploaded into a folder. This can be helpful for timesheet auditing purposes. Read more at Integrating with Dropbox and Box to save Kiosk and Time Clock timesheet photos.
Sales CSV File > Create Sales
Deputy can import a properly formatted CSV file with sales data using the Box integration similar to the process described in Sales upload integrations using Dropbox.
Read more at Sales Data Integrations.
Before you connect
Ensure you have:
- access to a Box account.
- System Administrator or Location Manager access to Deputy.
Connecting your Deputy and Box account
Read Connecting New Integrations for an introduction to connecting to third-party systems.
1. On the Integrations page in Deputy, click on Box.
2. Click Connect add-on.
3. Select the Deputy Location you wish to connect to your Box account and click Connect.
4. Enter your Box account email and password then click Authorize.
5. Click Grant access to Box.
6. Return to the Integration page to see your connected location (you may have to refresh your browser if it doesn't display straight away) then click on Configure.
Configure your integration
1. To activate the extension to upload timesheet clock in and out photos to your Box account, click Activate on the New Photo > Box Upload option.
2. Click Save.
A folder will automatically be created in your Box account under All Files > Deputy Files. This is where clock in and out photos from timesheets will be uploaded.
Sales CSV data
1. To activate the extension to upload sales data from a CSV file in Box to your Deputy account, click Activate on the Sales CSV file > Create Sales option.
2. Click Save.
A folder will automatically be created in your Box account under All Files >Deputy Files. This is where you should place the sales data in a CSV file to be uploaded to Deputy.
A sample CSV file is already added to the folder to demonstrate the correct format for a successful upload of sales data.
Sales data not showing up in Deputy or not showing correctly?
- To avoid confusion it is best to ensure all your sales data is uploaded as one CSV file rather than multiple files in the one Dropbox folder as the Deputy Box Sales data integration will only access one file at a time, not multiple files.
- If you are uploading a new CSV file periodically, for example, each day or each week, then the integration will only look for the most recently modified CSV file.
Have you ensured the sales data in the CSV you upload is in the correct format including:
- your area name exactly matches between the CSV field and the area name in Deputy?
- each of your sales have a unique identifier such as invoice number?
- The data and time format used in the CSV is exactly as specified. YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS or YYYY-MM-DDTHH:MM:SS.
When looking for your sales data in Business Insights in Deputy please check:
- The date and time period for sales entered in the CSV match the time period you are searching in the Business Insights Sales metric?
- You have selected the correct location and area in Business Insights