This article is written for team members whose workplace has set up a Deputy Web Time Clock to clock into their shift.
- What is the Deputy Web Time Clock?
- How do I log in?
- How do I clock in and out for my shifts and breaks?
- How do I start an unscheduled shift?
- Edit shift details
- Answer shift questions
What is the Deputy Time Clock?
The Deputy Web Time Clock is a web browser-based software that allows each team member to log in via PIN to start and end their shifts and breaks and view their shift details for the current day.
Since it's web browser based, it can run on a computer that is already existing in your workplace that is connected to the internet
How do I log in?
1. Type your name in the search bar or scroll to find your name and click on it to select it from the list.
- Why isn't my name on the list?
- Can I change my photo?
- What does the coloured dot on the profile photos mean?
- In what order do the Team members appear on the login screen?
2. Enter your 4-digit PIN.
How do I clock in and out for my shifts and breaks?
1. Once you have logged in with your PIN, you will see your upcoming shift details displayed on the screen and can click Start shift to begin your shift.
2. The following pop-up will appear to let you know your shift has started. You will be automatically logged back out in 4 seconds so that the next team member can start their shifts. If you click Back to shift details then you will return to the previous screen to view the current shift and will need to click Log out when you are done. If you forget to log out, the Time Clock will automatically log you out after 10 seconds.
3. Once you are ready to take a break or end your shift you can log back into the Deputy Web Time Clock with your 4-digit PIN and click Start break or End shift as appropriate.
If you are starting a break you may be asked to select whether you are taking an unpaid or paid break. Click to select which break you are taking.
How do I start an unscheduled shift?
You will only be able to start an unscheduled shift if you are already associated with the work location the Deputy Web Time Clock is set up for.
If you can't see your name on the list then you can't start an unscheduled shift in this location.
1. Select your name from the list and log in with your PIN. If you don't have any upcoming shifts then you will see "No scheduled shift" displayed. Click Start unscheduled shift.
2. By typing the name or scrolling through the list, select the name of the area you will work your shift in.
3. The following pop-up will appear to let you know your shift has started. You will be automatically logged back out in 4 seconds so that the next team member can start their shifts. If you click Back to shift details then you will return to the previous screen to view the current shift and will need to click Log out when you are done. If you forget to log out, the Time Clock will automatically log you out after 10 seconds.
Edit shift details
If the System Administrator or Location Manager for your Deputy account has enabled the ability for Team members to edit shifts then they can do this on the Deputy Web Time Clock.
To edit shift details:
1. Log in to the Deputy Web Time clock using your PIN
2. Click on the shift detail you wish to edit. In this example, we will change the start time from 8am to 7:30am so will click on the shift time.
2. Use the drop-down time selector to change the start time to a new time and click Save.
3. You can see the amended shift Start time is now reflected in the shift details.
As well as shift start time, other shift details you can edit (if enabled) are:
- Area you are working in
- Break times
- Shift end time (but only as you are ending the shift).
Answer shift questions
The Deputy Web Time Clock supports shift questions. System administrations in your Deputy account can configure shift questions that need to be completed when you clock in or out of shifts.
In the example below the Team member clicks on End shift when they are finished their shift.
A pop up appears with a field asking the Team member to enter the tips they received during the shift. Once entered they can click End Shift.
Help, I forgot my PIN!
If you've forgotten your PIN you can have it sent to you.
1. Select your name from the list and click on Forgot PIN?
2. Select whether you want your PIN sent to you via SMS or email.
3. The PIN will be sent to your email or phone as requested. Below is an example of the email they would receive.
Note: You can also change your PIN if needed.
Why isn't my name on the list?
If your name doesn't appear on the Deputy Web Time Clock list then either:
- your manager has not associated you with the location this Deputy Web Time Clock is set up for OR
- you do not have a shift scheduled at this location
Please speak with your manager.
Can I add or change the photo that appears next to my name?
What do the coloured dots next to the photos mean?
The coloured dots next to the team members' photos indicate:
- purple dot = scheduled to work today
- green dot = on shift right now
- yellow dot = on a break right now
- red dot = late for a shift
- no dot = not scheduled to work today
What order do the Team members appear on the login screen?
The Team member name list is dynamic and the order changes according to what is happening in your organisation.
The Team members with clock in or clock out events due soon will appear at the top of the screen under the Coming up header. This includes Team members due to clock in for shifts or breaks soon or even Team members that are running late to clock on.
The Team members that are already on shift in your location, with a green dot next to their name, appear in the next On Shift section.
All other team members
All other team members that are not scheduled to work today will appear in the section with the header All other team members.
If you usually work at this location but are clocking in for an unscheduled shift, you will find your name by scrolling down to this section (or you can search for your name by typing it in the search bar at the top).
Note: Team members who have still not clocked in 60 minutes after their scheduled shift start time will no longer appear in the Coming up list but instead move to the All other team members list at the bottom of the page and a red dot will appear next to their photo.