This article is written for System Administrators and Location Managers.
- What is the new Deputy Time Clock?
- Set up the Deputy Time Clock
- Get your team using the Deputy Time Clock to clock in and check shifts
What is the new Deputy Time Clock?
Deputy already offers two comprehensive fixed time clock solutions for Deputy customers:
However, some workplaces may not want the additional expense or complication of maintaining iPads or tablets where computers are already available. In this situation, the web browser-based Deputy Web Time Clock can provide a fixed time clock solution.
The Deputy Web Time Clock allows your team to quickly:
- clock in and out for shifts and breaks
- view today's shifts
- answer shift questions
from a computer connected to the internet in your workplace.
Set up the Deputy Web Time Clock
Enable the Deputy Web Time Clock
Before enabling the Deputy Web Time Clock please ensure:
- you have System Administrator access to your Deputy account
- you have already set up your work locations and added your people to your Deputy account (see also Getting Started with Deputy for help with this if you are setting up a new Deputy account)
- you have a computer accessible to employees connected to the internet with a web browser installed.
To enable the Deputy Web Clock:
1. Log into the Deputy website and open the menu under your name and select Business settings.
2. Select the tab for Upcoming features and toggle ON Web Time Clock then click Apply changes.
Create your Deputy Web Time Clock on your chosen device(s)
Once the Web Time Clock is enabled in your account, any System Administrators or Location Managers can create a Deputy Web Time clock on any device in your workplace with a web browser and internet connection.
1. Log in to your Deputy account within your web browser as usual and then enter:
after your Deputy account's URL.
Here is an example URL where /exec/config/kiosks?-create=true has been added to the Deputy account with URL: sparkandco.au.deputy.com to access the Deputy Web Time Clock set up page.
2. Complete the set up fields:
- Name your Time Clock
- Select the Location the Time Clock will be set up in
- Authenticate by PIN only
- Connection mode: Cookie
Click Activate Time Clock Mode.
4. Check that the details you entered are correct, then click Run this Kiosk.
6. This will bring you to the Deputy Web Time Clock log in page showing the local time and date along with a list of team members who work at the Location you have set the Time Clock up for.
Get your team using the Deputy Time Clock
Once you have set up the Deputy Time Clock for your location you can have team members who are associated with that location log in to Deputy via their PIN to:
- start and end shifts (both scheduled and unscheduled)
- start and end breaks
- view today's shift details
- answer shift questions
Send your team over to How to use the Deputy Web Time Clock for more information on how to do the above tasks plus what to do if they forget their PIN.
Didn't Deputy already have a web-based Time Clock?
Yes! In the past, Enterprise Deputy accounts have had access to an older version of the Deputy Web Time Clock however the new Deputy Web Time Clock aims to modernise and make a great web time clock experience for all shift workers to record their worked hours as they currently do on our Time Clock apps.
What is the difference in functionality between all the fixed time clocks Deputy offers?
At this stage, the Deputy Web Time Clock only offers the ability for your team to clock in and out of shifts and breaks as well as view today's shifts.
The Deputy Time Clock for iPad and Deputy Time Clock for Android offer even more functionality as a fixed time clock in your workplace. See Using Deputy across different devices for a great comparison.
What are the functional limitations of the Deputy Web Time Clock?
Team members using the Deputy Web Time Clock:
- will use a 4-digit PIN to clock on / off and can not use facial recognition to log in to the Time Clock.
- will not have their photos captured when they start or end a shift.
Do Geofence rules apply when using the Deputy Web Time clock?
No. Geofence does not apply to team members who clock in and out via Deputy Web Time Clock.