This article is written for System Administrators and Location Managers.
- What is the new Deputy Time Clock?
- Set up the Deputy Time Clock on your chosen device
- Get your team using the Deputy Time Clock to clock in and check shifts
What is the new Deputy Time Clock?
Deputy already offers two comprehensive fixed time clock solutions for Deputy customers:
However, some workplaces may not want the additional expense or complication of maintaining iPads or tablets where computers are already available. In this situation, the web browser-based Deputy Web Time Clock can provide a fixed time clock solution.
The Deputy Web Time Clock allows your team to quickly:
- clock in and out for shifts and breaks
- view today's shifts
- answer shift questions
from a computer connected to the internet in your workplace.
Set up the Deputy Web Time Clock on your chosen device.
System Administrators or Location Managers can set up a Deputy Web Time clock on any device in your workplace with a web browser and internet connection.
1. Log in to your Deputy account within your web browser on your chosen device and click on Edit Settings in the Locations tab.
2. Select Timesheets from the left-hand side and click on Manage time clocks.
4. Name your time clock and select which of your Deputy locations this time clock will be set up for. Note: you can select All locations by ticking the check box, however, this will enable your team members to see employees from other locations.
5. Click Add Time Clock.
6. Click Run this time clock.
7. This will bring you to the Deputy Web Time Clock login page showing the local time and date along with a list of team members who work at the Location you have set the Time Clock up for (or all locations if you chose this option during set up)
Get your team using the Deputy Time Clock
Once you have set up the Deputy Time Clock for your location you can have team members who are associated with that location log in to Deputy via their PIN to:
- start and end shifts (both scheduled and unscheduled)
- start and end breaks
- view today's shift details
- answer shift questions
Send your team over to How to use the Deputy Web Time Clock for more information on how to do the above tasks plus what to do if they forget their PIN.
What is the difference in functionality between all the fixed time clocks Deputy offers?
At this stage, the Deputy Web Time Clock only offers the ability for your team to clock in and out of shifts and breaks as well as view today's shifts.
The Deputy Time Clock for iPad and Deputy Time Clock for Android offer even more functionality as a fixed time clock in your workplace. See Using Deputy across different devices for a great comparison.
What are the functional limitations of the Deputy Web Time Clock?
Team members using the Deputy Web Time Clock:
- will use a 4-digit PIN to clock on / off and can not use facial recognition to log in to the Time Clock.
- will not have their photos captured when they start or end a shift.
Do Geofence rules apply when using the Deputy Web Time clock?
No. Geofence does not apply to team members who clock in and out via Deputy Web Time Clock.
Can I set up the Deputy Web Time Clock to show my team members from all locations?
Yes! See step 4 when setting up your Web time clock.
Why can't I start a Deputy Web Time Clock?
If you are having trouble setting up a Deputy Time Clock, please ensure you have:
- ensured you are launching the Deputy Web Time Clock on the same device you want the Deputy Web Time Clock to run on. Therefore, you need to log into Deputy as a System Administrator or Location Manager from a browser on the device you want to use as the Deputy Web Time Clock. Note: You can only set up one Deputy Web Time Clock per device.
- tried clearing the cookies from your browser.
- followed these instructions to set up each individual Deputy Web Time Clock. Note: You can not copy and paste the URL of a Deputy Web Time Clock from another tab or device to create a second Time Clock, each must be set up individually.