To disable/enable this feature, you will need to be logged in as a System Administrator or Location Manager for the location you are editing.
- What is photo verification?
- How to disable/enable photo verification
- What will my team members experience when clocking in and out?
- View a photo on the timesheet of the team member clocking in and out
What is photo verification?
Regardless of how team members log in to the Kiosk or Time Clock, managers can also require the team members to have their photos taken as they start and end their shifts.
How to disable/enable photo verification
1. To turn this feature on or off, log in to the Deputy website as a System Administrator or Location Manager.
2. On the Locations page, select the work location you wish to configure
3. Select Timesheets.
4. In Clock in and out, you can see a toggle ON / OFF to set whether you require team members to take a photo when starting or ending a shift on the Kiosk or Time Clock.
4. Don't forget to click Save before you leave the page if you made any changes.
What will my team members experience when clocking in and out?
Once you have enabled photo verification for your location then when your team members sign to the Deputy Kiosk for iPad or Deputy Time Clock for Android and either tap on Start Shift or say "start shift" then the iPad or tablet will take a photo of their face. The same process will occur when they end their shift.
View a photo on the timesheet of the team member clocking in and out
The photos taken are then visible on the Approve Timesheet page on the Deputy website.
This image on the timesheet is generally the most recent photo taken by the Kiosk or Time Clock when they clocked out.
To see the earlier clock in photo, you will need to review the timesheet history.
Click on the History tab to view both the clock in and clock out photos.
Note: You can click on the photo associated with each clock on and off event to view a larger image.