Before you begin
In Deputy, please ensure that you have:
Note: it is not possible to separate "holiday pay" from overtime or regular time when performing an export to Paychex. To achieve that, consider the use of our integration with Paychex Flex.
Exporting to Paychex
1. On the Timesheets tab select Export Timesheets.
2. Use the Location and date selector to select the workplace and date range you would like to export approved timesheets for.
3. Select the employees' timesheets you would like to export.
4. Click Export Selected Items.
5. Select 'Paychex' from the list of available payroll exports.
You can also check the following:
Mark any hours over 8 hours per day as O/T hours
Mark any hours over 10 hours per day as O/T hours
Mark any hours over 12 hours per day as O/T hours
Mark over 40 hours as O/T hours
Mark Sunday Timesheet as O/T Hours
Mark Public Holidays Timesheet as O/T Hours
You can also change the export file name. This defaults to the date range of the selected export.
6. Click Export when you are done.
7. If the export is successful, you will see a pop up to Download File. Save this file on your computer so you can easily find it.
8. Use the downloaded file to import the timesheet data into Paychex.