- Using SMS during the Deputy Hire process
- Communicating via SMS with candidates
- SMS charges
- Configuring SMS templates
Using SMS during the Deputy Hire process
With Deputy Hire, Deputy allows you to send SMS to update your candidates on their application progress if you choose.
When you update a candidate's status to Shortlisted, Interviewing, Offer, or Hired, you can choose to send them an SMS letting them know of the update. You can even edit the message to suit your needs.
Communicating via SMS with candidates
Please note that these messages are sent by Deputy and candidates can't respond to these text messages. We recommend providing your own contact details in the text message so the candidate can reach out to you should they need to.
SMS charges are included in your HR bundle subscription and you won't incur extra charges for opting to send SMS updates to your candidates.
Configuring SMS templates
If you would like to edit the standard text that Deputy pre-populates for you in the message box and want to configure the message being sent with each candidate update, you can do so with SMS templates.
1. Go to the Settings page on the left sidebar of Deputy Hire, and select the SMS Templates tab.
2. Here, you can customise text message templates for each stage in the candidate's application process. To edit, click on the pencil icon on the row you want to customise and this will bring up a text box that you can edit.
3. You can insert a few dynamic variables in the text box that are personalised to the candidate and the job they're applying for such as Applicant name, Job title, Company, etc. You can see and choose from the selection of variables by typing '/' and clicking or typing the variable you choose.
For example, if you want to insert the 'Company' variable, simply type or select '/Company' and this will allow your company name to be inserted into the text message template.
4. After you've updated your SMS templates, remember to click Save on the top right corner and the new SMS templates should apply to any new candidate update SMS you send going forward.