- Before you begin
- Connecting the ADP Run integration
- Setting up the integration step-by-step
- What data syncs between Deputy and ADP Run
- Editing your integration setup
Before you begin
Before you begin ensure:
- You are signed into Deputy with an access level of System Administrator, Location Manager or Advisor.
Connecting the ADP Run integration
1. On the People tab, click Add People then select Import via Integration.
2. Select ADP Run. If you have already purchased a connector the new experience should begin - if not, learn more about connecting to ADP Run here.
Pro Tip: To edit your ADP Run set up, come back to this same place in the People tab.
Setting up the integration step-by-step
After you've successfully connected the integration, you'll be taken through step-by-step to set up the integration.
Import and sync employees into Deputy
The first step involved choosing mapping either your ADP Locations to your Deputy locations. Individually mapping your Run locations or departments will control which employees get added to which location.
Control which users are imported.
The next step involves choosing which users are imported from ADP. With the ADP Run People Sync integration, there are two ways to control the users imported. First is via Worker Type, and second is via Worker Category.
What data syncs between Deputy and ADP Run?
ADP Run field
|Personal / Work email
|Employees get matched based on personal email and then email as the fallback
Date of birth
|ADP File Number
|File Number of ADP user (found in employee ADP Employee Profile)
Editing your integration
You can edit the setup of your integration in two ways:
- Click on Integrations in the drop-down menu under your name in the top right of the website.
- Or, you can head back to the People tab and to Add People > Import via Integration
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I edit my ADP Run integration settings?
Go back to Import via integration on the People tab to do this. You will see the Edit button.
Can I only import or sync groups of employees?
You are able to select to import users by their Employment Type & Employment Status within ADP.
What if I have existing employees in Deputy already? How will Deputy link them?
The integration links employees between both systems using the employee's email address.
How often does the employee sync occur?
Every 15 minutes.