- Why upload profile photos?
- How to add a photo to your team member's profile
- Photo quality guidelines and tips
Why upload profile photos?
Team member photos should be added to Deputy when team members are first set up or invited to join Deputy.
Profile photos are required for clocking in on the Kiosk or Time Clock and for Touchless Clock In which uses team member profile photos and voice commands.
It may also make it easier to see who is working on the schedule when you can see a team member's photo on their profile.
Note that if the manager initially uploads a photo to a team member's profile and then later, the team member updates the photo by uploading their own file then Deputy will use the photo that the team member has uploaded to their own profile for the purposes of photo matching.
How to add a photo to your team members' profile.
1. Go to the People tab and click on the team member's name.
2. Click Edit.
3. Click Upload Photo.
4. Click Save.
Photo quality guidelines and tips
Please note, the profile photo should not be too dark and the face should be clear. These are two of the most common issues that might cause the photo-matching process to fail when you clock in.
Other tips include ensuring:
- Photo file is no greater than 10MB
- There should only be 1 face in the photo
- The face is not too small compared to the image dimensions
- The face is not blurry
- The image is not too dark
- The face has a neutral pose
- The face has enough detail to be suitable for face search
- It is a recent photo
- No hat, no sunglasses
- Full-on front face view, no profile views
Photos do's and don'ts
Here are examples of appropriate and good quality profile photos.
Make sure the face is facing the camera and the image is well lit.
Sorry, adorable pets should not be included and only one face in the photo. No Sunglasses and be sure the face is not obscured.