1. Introduction to MYOB award interpretation
2. Connecting your MYOB account
First, you will need to connect to your MYOB account. Read Connecting New Integrations for an introduction to connecting to third-party systems.
After you have selected MYOB you will be asked to enter your credentials to connect to MYOB.
3. Apply pay rate library rates in Deputy
1. On the People page, click on the name of the team member you would like to apply pay rates to.
3. In the Pay details section select the desired award from the drop-down menu for the Pay rates field. Enter in the base rate and our multipliers will work out the other pay conditions necessary.
4. Approving and exporting pay rate library rates
When approving timesheets, check the Pay Rates section to see if the correct rate has been applied to the employee. In the example below, the HIGA - CAS - 1-November-2021 - M-F Ordinary rate has been applied to this employee.
Note: If you previously used the 'Standard' pay rates as offered by Deputy, and you would like to apply the new Award rates to employees, you will need to unapprove and reapprove any timesheets that are affected to have the new pay rates apply.
Exporting award pay rates to MYOB
1. Click on Export Timesheets and select the timesheets you want to export. When exporting, you will see the Pay Rate appear on the employee's timesheet.
2. Click on Group by Pay Rate.
4. Please edit the Export Code to be 31 characters or less. MYOB can not receive timesheets with export codes over 32 characters so an error will occur if the export code is too long as shown below.
5. Once you have updated the export code to 31 characters or less, click Save.
6. Click on Export Selected Items.
7. The pop-up shown below should now appear (if it does not then check your location is connected to MYOB) showing what version of MYOB you are connected to and the company name in MYOB.
8. Leave the check box ticked if you would like the base hourly rate you have entered in Deputy to replace that recorded in MYOB then click Export.
And you will receive a message when the export is successful.
Got an error instead?
5. Pay rate from Deputy is applied to timesheets in MYOB
Note this article uses MYOB Business screenshots as examples but seek help with different MYOB products here.
If we log in to MYOB, we can see the HIGA pay rate assigned to the employee in Deputy and exported in the timesheet is now allocated to the employee in the Payroll details>Salary and Wages section of MYOB for that employee. Note that the hourly base rate of $22 was also allocated in MYOB because the check box was ticked during export from Deputy.
If we open the timesheet for this employee we can see that the hours worked under this pay rate and exported from Deputy also appear.
You can now process the Payrun as usual. when you expand on each employee you can see that the pay rate and hours exported from the Deputy timesheets have been reflected in Wages.
6.Pay rate library updates in MYOB
Deputy pushes any pay rates from our Pay Rate Library assigned to employees in Deputy across MYOB with each timesheet export. You will be able to view them after the expert timesheet in Payroll > Pay items.