Note: Smarty Payroll changed its name to Smartly.
Before You Begin
In Deputy, please ensure that you have:
- Set up your Team member's pay rates in Deputy and also in the Employee payment section in Smartly.
- Matched your employees' Payroll ID in Deputy to their Employee code in their employee details in Smartly and that Payroll ID code does NOT exceed 5 (five) characters.
- Approved your timesheets in Deputy
- Turned off any popup blockers on your browser
Exporting to Smartly / Smart Payroll (NZ)
1. On the Timesheets tab select Export Timesheets.
2. Use the Location and date selector to select the workplace and date range you would like to export approved timesheets for.
3. Select the employees' timesheets you would like to export.
4. Click Export Selected Items.
5. In the payroll application drop-down list, select Smart Payroll Export (NZ).
Here you can change the rate number for the following pay codes:
Note: Smart Payroll can only accept pay rate numbers 1, 2, or 3.
When you are finished, click Export.
If the export is successful, the following will appear. Click Download File and save the CSV file to an easy-to-remember location on your computer.
The CSV file can now be uploaded to Smart Payroll to complete your payroll process.