The Deputy iPad kiosk can be used at your worksite for employees to clock on and clock off. It is a free download from the Apple iTunes store and the Google Play Store. Setup generally takes a few minutes to get it going.
Kiosk Device Compatibility
The Deputy Kiosk is available for iOS and Android.
Download the Deputy Kiosk app from the AppStore.
The Deputy Kiosk is available on iPad devices with a camera running iOS10+, the iPod Touch 6th Gen, and iPhone 5 onwards.
Supported Apple Devices:
- iPhone 5
- 6s Plus
- 7 Plus
- 8 Plus
- XS Max
- iPad 4th Generation
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 2017 Edition
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad Pro
- iPod Touch
- 6th Generation
The Deputy kiosk is available for Android devices. You can download it from the Google Play Store.
Please note that the Android Deputy Kiosk is currently in a BETA phase. This means that there may be hiccups or missing features compared to the iOS Kiosk.
We recommend downloading the Kiosk app on tablets only. While you can download the app on 'phablets' (larger Android devices such as the Galaxy Note series), the app will not function correctly. Regular Android mobile users cannot download the Kiosk via the Play Store.
Setting Up the Deputy Kiosk
After you have downloaded the kiosk, open the app. If you have a Deputy account, tap 'Log In'.
On the next screen, enter the email address and password associated with your Deputy account.
After logging in, you will need to select the Kiosk name, the correct organisation, and the correct location you would like to associate the Kiosk to. When you have finished this, tap 'Finish'.
And you're finished!
After downloading the Deputy Kiosk from the Play Store, open up the Deputy Kiosk app. Tap 'Log In' to proceed.
After entering and confirming your login credentials, you'll be prompted to name the Kiosk. You will also need to select the correct organisation/Deputy account, and the Area you would like to assign the Kiosk to. Tap Finish when you are done.
Few things to note:
- ONLY a System Administrator or a Location Manager can setup the kiosk. Employees or Supervisors cannot set up a kiosk on their own!
- Employees will be using their PINs to clock on/off
- Employees can change their PIN by logging into Deputy from their computer or smartphone app and editing their profile.(Employees cannot change their PIN at the Kiosk)
- Employees can have the new PIN emailed to themselves
- If they do not have a mobile number or any details, they can provide a photo to log in. With the photo, it will only allow them to start and stop their shift. No private information such as availability or tasks will be shown
- Kiosks are set up per location and will only show employees for that location! If an employee is working from a different location, then they need to be rostered in the Kiosk at that location for their name to show up
We recommend that you set up the tablet device with a constant power supply so you never need to come back to it. You should also set up the parental guide to prevent employees from downloading apps or browse illicit sites. Follow this article on how to do so:
Finally, we highly recommend that you mount the Kiosk device in a casing which will stop it from being tampered with. There are various ones available such as the Griffin Kiosk or those by Lilitab. We also recommend it be at head height level in case you enable photo verification for the kiosk.
How to Set Up the Web Kiosk
The Kiosk is only natively available on iPad.
As a workaround, open your Deputy account within the web browser and enter "/exec/config/kiosks?-create=true" (sans quotation marks) after your Deputy URL.
Simply fill in the fields and click 'Activate Kiosk Mode'. On the next page, check that the details are correct, then click/tap 'Run this Kiosk'. On the next page, click 'Ok'.
This will bring you to a rudimentary version of the web kiosk. This functions in the same way as the iPad app, without the photo capturing ability.
We advise you speak to a Customer Support representative while setting up the web kiosk.