This article is written for users with access permissions of System Administrator, Location Manager or Advisor.
Team members can log into Deputy, and if they are scheduled to work that day, they can start their scheduled shift, even if they are early for work. They can also change the area to clock into for the scheduled shift, if they find they need to work in another area when they arrive.
If they are not scheduled to work today, they can still clock in to start an unscheduled shift.
As a manager, you also might need your team members to have the ability to clock in for an unscheduled shift in another area at work on the same day as a scheduled shift. If so, they can not do this by default and instead, there are some configuration settings you will need to edit in your Location settings to enable this scenario.
Configure your Location settings to allow unscheduled shifts on the same day as scheduled shifts.
1. Click on the Location tab and click on Edit Settings for the Location you wish to edit.
2. Select the Timesheets tab from the list on the left-hand side and scroll down to review the Unscheduled shifts section of settings.
3. The setting of Best Fit is the default setting. If you leave this setting in place then any shift your team member attempts to start within 8 hours before or 8 hours after a scheduled shift will automatically be recognised as the scheduled shift. ie. They can not start a separate unscheduled shift 8 hours or 8 hours after a scheduled shift.
If you would like the team members to be able to start separate unscheduled shifts on the same day as a scheduled shift then change the setting to If timesheet is within a time variance of a schedule shift.
4. For the next setting, select which time period you would like to exclude from the team member being able to start an unscheduled shift.
In the example below, if the setting Match when timesheet is up to 60 minutes earlier than scheduled, then the team member will be able to start an unscheduled shift of the day of a scheduled shift so long as they start the unscheduled shift no less than 60 minutes before the scheduled shift start. If the team member tries to start an unscheduled shift in another area within 60mins of the scheduled shift start then Deputy will assume that the team member is starting their scheduled shift and simply change the area to the newly selected area instead of the scheduled area.
5. Once you have changed your setting don't forget to click Save.