This article outlines an issue relating to a location timesheet setting, "Suggest a break when clocking out", a potential impact on timesheets of team members who clocked-in via the Deputy iOS app during the period of May 15, 2023 - June 29, 2023.
Who is impacted by this issue?
Deputy accounts that meet all of the following criteria are potentially impacted:
- At least one location has enabled "Clock in and out via mobile apps" in location timesheet settings;
- The same location/s has enabled "Suggest a break when clocking out" in location timesheet settings; and
- At least one team member in these locations clocked in and out using Deputy iOS app versions 11.0.0 to 11.0.10 during the period May 15, 2023 - June 29, 2023.
Important Note: Deputy does not have any way of knowing whether or not a break was actually taken by the team member in question. We strongly recommend you validate this information and consult with your payroll advisor before making any payroll adjustments.
What was the issue?
If your account has been impacted by the issue then you may find that some timesheets during the affected period will have incorrectly recorded a 0 min break time.
Has this issue been resolved?
Yes, this issue has been resolved and does not affect any timesheets submitted beyond June 29, 2023. Deputy released a new version of the iOS app (version 11.0.11) which addressed this issue.
Team members who are using the affected iOS app versions can now also continue to clock in and out of their shifts with breaks auto-applied.
Does this issue affect timesheets recorded on the Android mobile app, iOS Kiosk or Android Time Clock apps?
No, this issue is limited to timesheets recorded on Deputy iOS app versions 11.0.0 to 11.0.10 during the affected period.
If mobile clock-in has been disabled for all locations, your account will not be affected by this issue.
My account is affected by this issue. How do I identify which timesheets may have been affected?
1. Review the Timesheets settings for each location in your account and note down the names of those locations that have BOTH of the following settings below enabled:
2. Navigate to Approve Timesheets and filter on the affected locations you have listed in Step 1.
3. Use the date selector to filter for timesheets from the affected period May 15th - June 29th, 2023.
4. Review each team member’s timesheets and look in the Time column for timesheets with 0 min break (e.g. 3:00pm - 9:30pm | 0:00) as shown below.
If you have been affected by this issue and need assistance, please submit a request on the Deputy Help Center.