This guide will cover the following:
- What does the Hibob Deputy integration do?
- What access permissions do you need to set it up?
- What data is mapped?
- How to connect Hibob to Deputy
- Leave management with Deputy and Hibob
Note: This integration was built and is supported by HiBob. For all setup, help and support of this integration, please get in touch with HiBob at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What does the Hibob Deputy integration do?
When you connect Hibob to Deputy the integration will sync your employees in Hibob to Deputy to manage their scheduling.
- The integration type is a one-way connection via API in the direction of Bob to Deputy.
- The information sync from Bob to Deputy will be triggered by an event such as creating or updating their status in Bob.
- Users that are created in Deputy after syncing from Bob are active in Deputy.
What access permissions do you need to set up the integration?
System Administrator access to Deputy
What data is mapped?
|Field in Bob
|Field in Deputy
Locations in Deputy must match the Site name in Bob EXACTLY.
If the Locations and Site names do not match then users will not be created in Deputy.
|Date of Birth
|Line Address 1
How to connect Hibob to Deputy
Obtain a Token from Deputy
1. Go to the following URL : https://<yourDeputydomain>/exec/devapp/oauth_clients
2. On the top left-hand side corner of the screen click New OAuth Client.
2. Fill out the following:
- Name: Set the desired name for the OAuth client eg. Bob integration
- Logo URL: Leave blank
- Redirect URL: localHost
3. Click Get Access Token.
Place the token in Bob
- From the left menu, select Settings > Integrations.
- Select Time tracking & Scheduling.
- From the Deputy thumbnail, click Connect > Setup.
- Enter the Deputy Token, Subdomain, and then click Apply.
The integration is now set up in Bob.
Leave management with Deputy and Hibob
Both Bob and Deputy can both manage leave for your team but you may wish to consider these scenarios when deciding how to configure your systems:
- If leave is managed in Bob as the source of truth then for salaried employees who work regular working hours their leave can be managed in Bob and sync directly from Bob to your payroll such as Xero.
- If leave is managed in Bob as the source of truth then for shift workers then the manager will need to view Bob before allocating shifts and finalising schedules in Deputy which could be quite manual. Therefore for shift workers that rely on a roster or schedule it would be more efficient to manage leave in Deputy as the source of truth so that team members can request leave in Deputy, managers can approve it and leave timesheets will export from Deputy to your payroll such as Xero.
This integration was built and is supported by HiBob. For all setup help and support of this integration, please email email@example.com.