This article is written for Deputy users with System Administrator level access to Deputy and System Administrators of a Netsuite Suitepeople installation.
Before you start
Unlike many of the integrations Deputy has with third-party applications, the Netsuite integration is controlled entirely from the Netsuite application. The integration currently offers the following data flows:
- Two-way employee synchronisation from Deputy to Netsuite and vice versa
- Mapping of Locations to Netsuite segments
- Mapping of Deputy pay rates to Netsuite Suitepeople pay items
- Timesheet import from Deputy into Netsuite Suitepeople.
The Deputy integration is installed from the Netsuite SuiteApp store. More information can be found here
Connecting to Deputy
1. Once you have installed the Deputy plugin on your Netsuite instance, click Deputy on the top navigational bar and the below screen will appear.
This is due to the fact Netsuite is not authorised with Deputy for data transfer as yet.
2. Click Connect to Deputy and if you are not already logged in, your username and password will be verified before the following option will appear.
This dialogue is requesting you to authorise Netsuite to connect to your Deputy account. If you have multiple Deputy accounts, they will all appear in this list. Currently, each Netsuite instance is limited to connecting to one Deputy account.
Select your Deputy company and click Authorize to continue.
3. Once you have authorised your Deputy account, you will be returned to Netsuite with a Deputy Integration Dashboard displayed.
You will note that all of the items all have zero as the synchronised number. This is because before Deputy and Netsuite can integrate, several mappings must be completed.
Below you will find links to each of the different mappings that can be set up. They are displayed in the suggested order for completion.
- Mapping Netsuite Workplaces to Deputy Locations
- Mapping Deputy Pay Conditions to Netsuite Pay Items
- Mapping Netsuite Segments to Deputy Locations
- Mapping Deputy Employees to Netsuite employees
- Setting up existing employees in Deputy from Netsuite
Once you have completed the mapping required, the data will update between both systems automatically as changes are made in Netsuite. However, there may be times you want to force an update from Netsuite to Deputy and vice versa. To do so, follow these guides.
After everything has been setup you will be able to import approved timesheets from Deputy to Netsuite.