You can export timesheets from Deputy to Reckon Accounts Hosts or Reckon desktop.
- Before you begin to export
- Export timesheets
Before you begin to export
In Deputy, please ensure that you have:
- Access with user permissions of Location Manager or System Administrator
- Set up your Team member's pay rates
- Set your employee's Payroll ID in Deputy to exactly match the employee's first and last name used in Reckon Accounts Hosted
- Approved your timesheets in Deputy
Note: The timesheet export from Deputy to Reckon does not support salaried staff or leave timesheets.
- User access with Administrator permission levels
- Set up your employees in Reckon Accounts Hosted
- Set up your pay items in Reckon Accounts Hosted
Set up your employees in Reckon Accounts Hosted
1. Log into Reckon Accounts Hosted and click to open the Employee Centre.
2. Select an employee's name and double-click to open their profile.
4. In Reckon Accounts Hosted, change tabs to the Payroll and Compensation Info tab as seen below.
5. Ensure that the Use Time Data to Create Paycheques box is ticked.
Note: If you cannot see this box to tick then select Edit from the top navigation bar in Reckon Accounts Hosted and click Preferences.
Select Time Tracking from the menu on the left and then click Company Preferences. Click Yes for the question "Do You Track Time?". Click OK.
Set up your pay items in Reckon Accounts Hosted
1. Select Employees from the top navigation menu, then click Manage Payroll Items and then View/Edit Payroll Items.
You will see a list of all your pay items, which will need to correspond to the pay rates that are assigned to your employees in Deputy and will be exported as timesheet data. The pay item name in Reckon Accounts Hosted will need to match the Deputy pay rate export code in the timesheet.
If you are using an award pay rate in Deputy, or would like to pay an allowance you will need to create a new pay item for each separate pay type which will also then correspond to the equivalent pay item and export code in Deputy.
2. You can add or edit existing pay items in Reckon Accounts Hosted by clicking on Payroll Item and then either New or Edit Payroll Item as needed. Ensure the pay item name matches the Deputy pay rate export code in the timesheet exactly.
3. Next please make sure that each employee has been assigned the relevant pay items you set up in the previous step. Click to open the Employee Centre.
4. Select an employee's name and double-click to open their profile.
6. In the Earnings box, you can also add pay items that you have created by scrolling to the bottom of the list. Click an empty space to add the new pay item. New pay items will need to be added for any award items such as delayed meal breaks or overnight allowances.
7. Please also add a base hourly rate for each pay item you assign to the employee. The rates you set here in Reckon Accounts Hosted will be the rate the employee is being paid at. Even though you can also set the rate in Deputy, only the data for the hours worked will be exported from Deputy as timesheet data.
Exporting to Reckon
Once you have completed the above steps, approve your timesheets in Deputy.
Check or edit Deputy pay rate export codes
1. Click on Export Timesheets in Deputy.
2. Use the Location and date selector to select the workplace and date range you would like to export approved timesheets for.
3. Select the employees' timesheets you would like to export.
4. Click Group by Pay Rate.
5. This will display the pay rate export codes for each pay rate within the timesheets you have selected to export. These need to match the pay items you set up in Reckon Accounts Hosted.
If you need to edit the Pay Rate Export Codes to match Reckon Accounts Hosted pay item names then click Edit, amend the code and click Save. You will only need to do this once but you will need to do it for every unique pay rate you have set up. It is good practice to check the correct export codes have been applied correctly and match Reckon Accounts Hosted pay items every time you do a timesheet export.
6. Once you are happy with the pay rate export codes then click Export Select Items.
Export timesheet data
1. Select Reckon Payroll from the drop-down menu and edit the name of the export file if you wish.
2. Click Export.
Import timesheet data into Reckon
1. In Reckon Accounts Hosted, click the toolkit icon and then the Upload files icon on the far right of the screen.
2. Select the timesheet data file you exported from Deputy and would like to upload to Reckon Accounts Hosted. You will see a progress bar pop up in Reckon Accounts Hosted.
3. When this process is complete, select File from the top navigation menu and select Utilities then Import and click IIF fIle.
4. A popup will appear searching for a file to import. Ensure that My Live (Q:) is selected, then click the Upload folder.
5. Click on the file you uploaded into Reckon Accounts Hosted.
6. You will see the following image if the import is successful:
7. Click the Payroll button in Reckon.
8. You will see a screen with all the timesheet data information that you have imported from Deputy.
9. Select your employees using the tick on the left side column then click Continue to Process Payroll as usual.
Note: If not selected correctly automatically, you may need to change the displayed date range. Click on the date selectors to select the correct date and you will then receive a Pay Period Change pop-up. Click Yes.
The pay period will change and will display the information that you have imported under the relevant pay items. Once you have confirmed that the details are correct, you are ready to process your payroll.