System Administrators and Location Managers in Deputy can export timesheets directly into KeyPay via Deputy export timesheets.
- Before you start
- Configure your accounts
- Exporting to KeyPay
Before you start
Please ensure that you have the following in KeyPay:
Configure your accounts
Location and Area set up
You will need to map your External ID from KeyPay (go to Payroll Settings > Details) to match your Location code in Deputy. In Deputy go to the Locations tab and click on Edit Settings for the Location you wish to view and on the General tab you will be able to view or edit the Location code.
The Location code in Deputy needs to match the External ID in Key Pay.
If you have Areas set up in Deputy, and want timesheets worked in those areas to map to the equivalent business unit (sub-location) in KeyPay then you will need to ensure the Area/sub-location names match in Deputy and KeyPay.
If an employee creates a timesheet for an Area in Deputy that does not exist in KeyPay (either because the sub-location isn't configured in Key Pay or because it has a different spelling) then the timesheets will still export but to the Location instead. If the Deputy Area name exactly matches a KeyPay sub-location name the timesheet will be allocated to the named KeyPay sub-location.
Note: The Area name used in Deputy should be unique, do not use the same area name more than once across multiple locations in Deputy. If required, use a suffix e.g. "Kitchen AZU" if you wanted to use the Area name 'Kitchen' in multiple Locations.
Employee set up
The employee's Payroll ID in Deputy needs to exactly match the employee's External ID in KeyPay (in KeyPay go to Employee file > Details).
Also, ensure you have set up your employee's pay rates in Deputy.
Leave set up
As well as exporting your employee's worked timesheets from Deputy to KeyPay you may also export 3 types of leave.
You need to ensure that the leave types are set up in KeyPay with the following export codes (in Key Pay go to Payroll Settings > Leave Categories)
- Annual Leave > AL
- Time in Lieu > TL
- Personal/Carer's Leave > SL
In Deputy, you can set an export code to match when setting up your leave conditions.
Exporting to KeyPay
Once you have approved timesheets you are ready to export them.
1. On the Timesheets tab select Export Timesheets.
2. Use the Location and date selector to select the workplace and date range you would like to export approved timesheets for.
3. Select the employees' timesheets you would like to export.
4. Click Export Selected Items.
5. Select KeyPay Payroll (Direct Export) from the drop-down menu.
6. In the following field enter your KeyPay API key.
7. Previously, during the Location set up, the Deputy Locations were set up to be mapped to business locations in KeyPay using External ID code matched to Deputy's Location codes. Timesheets from each Deputy Location will be exported to the relevant business in KeyPay using these codes. If, however, you wish to override that setting and export all of these timesheets to one single business in KeyPay you may enter that External ID code in the Override Business ID field.
8. Click Export when you are ready to export.
For more instructions on using Deputy with KeyPay please see KeyPay support articles.