Connect to Zenefits to seamlessly export employee timesheets for payroll using our direct API integration. In this article, we will cover:
Before you begin
Please ensure you have:
Connect your Zenefits account for the first time and export the timesheet.
1. Go to Timesheets and select Export Timesheets
2. Select the date range and employee you wish to export timesheets for.
3. Click on Group by Pay rate
4. Check that Pay Rate Export Code in the Deputy Timesheet matches the Zenefits Pay Type names.
In Zenefits check the Earnings name under Pay Types.
If you need to change it in the Deputy Timesheet to match Zenefits you can click Edit make the changes then click Save.
6. A popup will appear asking you to select the payroll application. Find Zenefits by typing “Zenefits" or scroll down the list in the dropdown menu.
7. Click Connect to Zenefits to log into your Zenefits account and set up the connection.
8. After successfully connecting your Zenefits account, click Export to export the timesheets.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Does Deputy also send Sick Leave and Vacation when exporting timesheets to Zenefits?
Not at this time due to limitations on the Zenefits API.
What are the supported Zenefits Pay Types?
The Deputy integration supports the Earning pay type as long as the Deputy Pay Rate Export Code matches the Earning Name within Zenefits. These include up to but not limited to
- Regular Earnings
- Overtime Hours
- Double Overtime Hours
How do Deputy employees get matched in Zenefits?
The Zenefits integration matches the Deputy employee email address to the Zenefits People work email address.
Which pay rate will be used for the earnings in Zenefits?
Deputy will rely on the pay rate defined for the employee in your Zenefits account.
Can I run additional pay runs?
Yes. As long as your Zenefits Additional Pay Run dates match the dates of the timesheets you're exporting. Deputy's integration will allocate timesheets to the first pay run it finds the corresponding employee.
Can I connect a different Zenefits accounts in a different location or business?