Connect your Abacus account
To connect your Abacus account, we recommend having Abacus and Deputy both open as tabs in your browser.
1. Copy your Deputy URL. This can be found in the address bar in our browser.
Note: Include the https:// so in the example below the URL we will copy will be:
2. Now open the browser tab where you are logged into Abacus. Navigate to Add-Ons then select Deputy and paste the Deputy URL you copied in step 1.
3. Return to the browser tab where you are logged into Deputy and add:
to the end of your URL in the URL bar at the top of your browser and hit return/enter on your keyboard.
In our example, where our URL is
it should look like:
4. On the page that now appears, click New OAuth Client.
5. In the following fields enter:
Redirect Uri: app.abacus.co
Then click Save This OAuth Client.
6. On the next screen that appears, click Get An Access Token.
7. A pop-up will appear. Highlight and copy the Access Token that appears.
8. In Abacus, paste the access token in the Access Token field and click Save.
9. Still within Abacus, select your company from the drop-down list.
10. Under the section labelled Push All Staff to Deputy, click Start.
This will add your employees into Deputy and send them an invitation to join Deputy.
Push/Sync Sales Data from Abacus to Deputy
You can push your previous sales data from Abacus to Deputy.
1. In Abacus, go to Push Sales Data to Deputy and select the date range of the sales data you would like to push to Deputy.
Note: the period selected must not exceed one month (31 days).
Click Start to begin.
2. If you have more sales data to push from other dates, repeat the above step until you have pushed all the necessary data.
3. To continue to push sales data ongoing, under Push Sales Data to Deputy, ensure that the toggle is switched to ON.
Notes about the sales sync
- If you did not push historical sales data to Deputy, connecting the account to push hourly data to Deputy will still push data from the past 7 days. If you did happen to include the last 7 days in your initial manual push, this should not duplicate the data.
- This integration will push sales data at every subsequent hour (at 12:59pm, 1:59pm, 2:59pm and so on).
- If you turn the Sales Data Push toggle to OFF, and then turn it back on at a later stage, it will sync the data from when it was turned OFF to when it was turned back ON. This means that it will sync the data in between toggles, leaving no gaps.
- Under Pull Total Timesheet Cost from Deputy (Daily), click ON. This will update the Labour Cost Report in Abacus. However, this will only pull timesheet costs from Deputy every day at 23:59.
You will be able to see your actual sales activity from Abacus in Deputy's: