This guide will show you the process of connecting your Lightspeed POS (Restaurant O-series) formerly called Kounta account to Deputy.
Deputy also integrates with Lightspeed POS (Restaurant L-series).
Note: Deputy does not integrate with Lightspeed Retail POS (R-series) at this time.
Before you begin
Ensure you have:
- Location Manager or System Administrator access to your Deputy account
- Log in credentials for your Lightspeed (Restaurant O-series) account
Connecting Deputy and Lightspeed
Read Connecting new integrations for an introduction to connecting to third-party systems.
1. Select Lightspeed Restaurant (O-series) from the integrations options in Deputy.
2. Click Connect add on.
3. Click Connect for the Deputy Location you wish to connect to Lightspeed Restaurants.
4. Enter your Lightspeed account email and password then click Log In.
5. Click Grant Access to give permission for Deputy to access your Lightspeed account.
Once you have made the connection to Lightspeed you will return to Deputy integration page which will show your connected location. If this does not appear instantly please refresh your browser.
You are now ready to configure your integration with the services you require.
Configuring your integration
1. Open your Lightspeed Restaurants integration and click on Configure for your connection locations(s).
2. Two services will appear in your integrations list:
- New User > Add Team member
- New Order > Create Sale
- Timesheet > Sync Timesheet
Click Activate to select a service to configure.
New User > Add Team member
Note: when you first connect Lightspeed to Deputy and activate the Add Team member option it will pull ALL employees from your Lightspeed account into Deputy.
When you create a new team member in Lightspeed, it will create an account for that team member in Deputy as well.
This integration will sync:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- phone number
Note: the team member will automatically be emailed an invitation to join Deputy.
New Order > Create Sale
When you activate the New order > Create sale service in your integration Lightspeed will push all orders made in your Lightspeed POS app to Deputy as a sale.
You can select from the drop-down menu:
- which Lightspeed site is linked to this Deputy Location
- which lightspeed POS terminal is linked to which area in Deputy
- which Deputy area you want all other transactions to go by default.
Click Save when you are done.
Note: The data from Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) matches the Sales Feed report of raw sales and returns data.
When orders are placed in the Lightspeed POS, the sales will appear in Deputy in Business Insights as actual sales data.
Timesheet > Sync Timesheet
When you activate the Timesheet > Sync Timesheet service in your integration Lightspeed will push all timesheets created in Lightspeed to Deputy to match and employee with the same name in the Deputy schedule and create a timesheet in that area.
From the dropdown, choose how you want timesheets in Deputy to be created. e.g. "Allocate to Matched Employee's Current Working Area" means it will find the employee with the same name in the Deputy schedule to see what area they worked in and allocate the Deputy timesheet to that area.
Click Save when done.
Frequently asked questions
Is this the Kounta integration?
Yes, Kounta was acquired by Lightspeed and re-branded to Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series)
Is this integration available outside Australia & New Zealand?
Lightspeed Restaurant (O-Series) accounts are only available to Australian & New Zealand customers.