The following article will provide guidance for managers with access level of Location Manager or System Administrators on how to amend timesheets for partial day public holidays.
1. The affected timesheets must be approved first.
2. Once timesheets are approved, Deputy will automatically represent each of the rates and penalties applicable as pay elements, these can be seen in the Pay Rates section of the Timesheet Summary.
You have the ability to change these pay elements allowing you to remove ordinary time and add public holiday hours/penalties.
3. Click on the Unapprove Pay to edit the pay rates in the time sheet.
4. The fields for:
- Base Pay Rates
- Shift Loadings
are now able to be edited when you click on them.
5. Clicking on the name of the pay elements will allow you to change the selected rule to any other rule that exists on the employee's employment term.
6. To adjust the timesheet to accommodate a partial public holiday, you will need to amend the ordinary time recorded to reflect those hours actually worked before or after the official public holiday hours occured
Then you will then need to click the + button next to the base pay elements to add the portion of the shift worked which falls within the public holiday. Public Holiday pay can be identified by selecting the relevant award with PH at the end of the award name.
In the example below, the 7 ordinary hours were amended to 5 ordinary hours and 2 public holiday hours.
Deputy will reconcile the pay elements to indicate whether the sum of the elements matches the total actual worked hours of the timesheet, if this does not match, you will see an indication of the surplus or shortage of hours.
In the example below, there are 2.0 hours surplus recorded on the timesheet compared to the original submitted timesheet.
7. Once you have made the desired changes, click Approve Pay.
and this will save the pay rates to the timesheet with an icon to tell us the original pay rates were overridden.
We can see the history of who has overridden the pay rates in the Timesheet History tab.