We continue to improve our product features and striving to help your staff have all the necessary information to carry out their shifts.
You can attach files to your Locations in Deputy. Location notes are a useful way to provide additional context when employees carry out their shifts across different locations.
In this article we will cover:
- Attach images and PDF documents to Location
- Attachment privacy
- View location notes and attachments
Attach Images & PDF documents
You can attach up to 5 files to each location, as well as add up to 5000 characters in the location notes field. ( Accepted file formats: JPEG, PNG, PDF. 10MB per file.)
Great examples of attachments that can empower your staff on the ground:
- Opening and closing procedures of a store to help staff open the venue or close securely at end of the day.
- COVID-19 Safety plan, to provide staff with the necessary protocols when operating their store in these unprecedented times.
- Delivery & warehouse guidelines which ensure staff are equipped to handle the busy days when they expect supplies delivery.
- Upcoming menu for staff to get familiar with ahead of time.
- Care plans, typically uploaded by healthcare customers that setup locations as clients. This provides their staff with care guidelines to guarantee a high quality of care.
How do I set this up?
Click on the location tab, then click on edit settings.
Scroll down to the button on that page, you will find the Notes field. Click on the attachment button, then select the document or image you wish to upload from your computer.
Please wait until the uploading finishes then click on the Save button to save the changes.
You are in control of whether you will allow all employees to view files that are attached to the location by choosing yes or no as shown below.
View location notes & Attachments on the go!
Staff will also now be able to view these notes and attachments while on their shift on both iOS and Android mobile apps.
For Android mobile apps, go to Me tab then click on the clock button.
Then click on the location name, if there is a note on this location you will notice a snippet of that note.
You will be able to view the location notes and attachments.
You can update location notes and upload attachments to the location via Deputy web and view on the web or mobile apps.