Adding pay rates and assigning US Pay Conditions allows Deputy to automate pay calculations to simplify your payroll, and lets you create costed rosters with visibility of how much you're spending on labor each hour or day.
Deputy contains a library of pre-created Pay Conditions based on common Labor Laws which can be applied to your employees.
In this guide you'll learn about
- the supported Pay Conditions
- how to apply Pay Conditions to your employees and
- how to export Pay Conditions to your payroll system
- a list of available US Pay Conditions
- the list of available Fair Workweek Pay Conditions for Enterprise customers
We currently export Pay Conditions to the following payroll systems:
Please note that you can only export California Labor Laws, FLSA, and Standard Rates to Gusto.
How to Apply Pay Conditions to Employees
Applying Pay Conditions to your employees works the same way as adding pay rates. Simply navigate to the People page and click 'Options' on the employee you would like to add the award to. In the drop-down box, click 'Edit'.
Scroll down the employee's profile until you reach the 'Pay Rates' section. Click the Pay Rates drop-down for a full list of award rates.
Simply enter in the employee's regular rate and it will automatically populate the other fields.
Remember to click 'Save Details' at the bottom to apply the rates to the employee.
When you export using our library, we advised you match the export code sent from Deputy to the matching pay item in the target payroll system ( ADP Run, Gusto, MYOB AR, MYOB, Xero). This allows you to re-use any pay items within your payroll system, avoiding any duplicate items.
Please remember to click 'Save' when making any changes to the Export Code.
Available United States Pay Conditions
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- California (Without Meal Break Waiver)
- California (With Meal Break Waiver)
- Kansas (FLSA)
- Kansas (Non-FLSA)
- Long Island & Westchester (New York) Hospitality
- Massachusetts Retailer Labor Law
- Nevada (With Daily Overtime)
- Nevada (Without Daily Overtime)
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York City (10 or less employees) Hospitality
- New York City (11 or more employees) Hospitality
- New York Miscellaneous Industries
- North Carolina
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island Labor Law
- South Carolina
- South Dakota
- Upstate New York Hospitality
- West Virginia
- USA Exempt From FLSA
- Hourly (40 h + 1.5x Overtime)
- Hourly (44 h + 1.5x Overtime)
- Rates per Day
Fair Workweek Pay Conditions
For Enterprise customers only
If the Pay Condition you are looking for is not in our system, please feel free to send it to the Deputy team via our Deputy Custom Pay Rates Suggestion Form.