Smart Scheduling is currently in BETA and will be available to all customers by the end of September, 2020.
Use the Business Insights Dashboard to surface and measure meaningful data in your business. Track forecast to actual variance in sales wage metrics and set performance benchmarks. Use the Dashboard to deep dive into specific metrics in your business to identify and measure trends over time. Build custom metrics to give you visibility of the demand measures unique to your business.
In this article you will learn:
- How access insights and metrics
- Definitions of each metric
- How to build, set and track forecasts
- Use sales, wages, labor and staff metrics to identify trends
- How to create your own custom metrics
How to View Business Insights
From the Schedule tab click the 'Stats' and select 'View business insights'. The Summary view is the default view.
Select the location you would like to view and from here you can access any of the pre-loaded metrics and have the ability to 'Add metric'.
- Live Insights - A summary view to help you live track how your business is benchmarking against planned for the following
- Metrics Forecast v Actual - Drill into each of your metrics and compare last year vs forecast/planned vs actual
- Required Staff - Determine your staffing requirements for each area on any given day, this will guide your scheduling decisions
- Labor Model - Enter rules to help determine your staffing requirements for each area based on your metrics
- Wage Budget - Shows a summary of your wage budget vs scheduled wage budget for the week in view
- Hour Budget - An overview of your staff’s hourly budget vs scheduled for the week in view
- Quick Edit Data - Enter or amend data on the fly with simple in-line edit
- Revamped Metric Editor - If you are entering or amending large sets of data, it’s easy now with the new Metrics Editor which features MS Excel/Google Sheets like functionality & usability
- Custom Metric - Create and set up your own metrics with all the functionality available for the default metrics
- Settings - Settings has a new home as well, it lives within this dashboard. You will find configuration for every metric as follows
How to Build, Set and Track Forecasts
Setup your Business Insights to accurately track forecasts in your business using Manager Forecasted Sales, Deputy Forecasted Sales and Actual Sales.
Manager Forecasted Sales
This type of Sale can be used to enter in your own projections for your future Sales, viewable across the week to roster your employees to your expected pattern of Sales.
To enter Manager Forecasted data, click the 'View Business Insights' button in the Summary View:
Open the 'Sales' metric in the left side menu and click 'Edit' in the top right corner of the page.
Then select 'Manager Forecast' and enter your data.
Manager Forecasted Sales can be viewed in the Stats Panel as a thin dotted line with the colour of the Sales metric.
Deputy Forecasted Sales
This type of Sale is generated by Deputy, based on your past data and Deputy Forecasting settings, which can be defined by clicking' View Business Insights' and then 'Sales' and 'Settings' to review the 'Forecast' settings.
The 'Forecast method' can be selected from the drop down menu.
Deputy Forecasted Sales can be seen in the Stats Panel as a thick dashed line. Hovering the cursor over the dotted line provides a pop up legend of the Stats Panel data.
Use Sales, Wages, Labor and Staff Metrics to Identify Trends
Using the Business Insights to view sales, wages, labor and staff metrics using Business Insights. Use the summary view to identify all these metrics in one simple view or drill down to each metric as stated below.
To see sales trends go to ' View Business Insights' and select ‘Sales’. The area, time period and dates to view data can be selected. You can compare last year’s actual sales to today’s actual sales. This year's actual sales will be underneath the ‘Actual’ heading.
To view wage trends, go to ' View Business Insights' and select ‘Wage budget’. The time period and dates to view data can be selected.
You’ll be able to view what has been budgeted and compare this with scheduled costs. The variance field makes it easy to identify the difference in costs.
To view labor trends, go to 'View Business Insights' and select ‘Hour budget’. The time period and dates to view data can be selected.
From here you’ll be able to compare what has been budgeted with scheduled labor hours. The 'Variance' field makes it easy to identify the difference in the hours budgeted vs scheduled.
To view staff trends, go to ' View Business Insights' and select ‘Required Staff’
The required staff view can make it easy to identify how many staff are required for each area, based on rules you have created in the Labor Model. Extend the date range on the top right corner to see week, 2 weeks, 4 weeks or a month to help identify staffing trends.
How to create your own custom metrics
You can add your own Custom Metrics to the Stats panel by clicking 'View business insights' and selecting 'Add metric'.
When you create this metric, you can set a colour to differentiate it from Sales data on your Stats panel. Your custom metrics work the same as Sales data, allowing you to enter manual forecasts, actual data and also utilise Deputy’s smart forecasting.
You may want to use this in your business to identify how many deliveries, kilometres/miles driven or the number of customers that came through your store.
For help with Business Insights please get in touch with our 24/7 support team.