When creating a schedule, there are many competing factors that need to be considered to ensure your coverage is balanced, and on budget.
This article will cover:
- How to Add Demand Data
- How to Set Up Accurate Costs
- Turning on the Stats Panel
On the cost side, you have the rostered hours, and ultimately the cost of wages for scheduled employees, while on the demand side you may be looking at the foot traffic, transaction count, and sales that will be made on the day.
With our Stats Panel, you can see all of these factors in a simple snapshot, providing real-time budget guardrails as you schedule.
Adding Demand Data
Your 'Demand data' refers to the inputs that will determine how 'busy' your business is going to be on any given day, such as sales, foot traffic, line abandonment or transactions.
You can add sales data to Deputy through an integration with your POS provider, or manually.
You can add other demand data such as foot traffic or transactions by adding a custom metric, and importing the data in to Deputy.
Setting up Accurate Costs
Adding pay rates for your employees will ensure that your schedule is properly costed. You can assign hourly rates, salaries, pay based on area, and awards (if applicable in your region).
Seeing The Results
The final step is to turn on the stats panel within your schedule.
- Go to the 'Schedule' tab
- Join the Stats BETA from the dropdown next to the Stats button
- Toggle the stats panel on by clicking the Stats button
Note: The Stats Panel BETA will become the default view from late-March 2020.
The stats panel
The stats panel in your Scheduling screen is designed to help inform the decisions that you make while scheduling.
It can display the following for each period
- The amount of hours scheduled
- The amount of staff required
- The wage cost
- The total value of sales (or other custom metrics)
- The labour percentage (wage cost as a percentage of sales)
You can view graphs and summaries based on the time period that you have selected in the schedule. Depending on the time period, it will display a summary for each day as well as the entire period shown.
- Weekly summary - see the summary of key numbers over the entire period
- Metric toggles - toggle on/off metrics to focus on what is important
- Daily summary - see how your business is performing day-to-day
- Graph - easily notice trends and comparisons in a visual format
How Do I Hide the Stats Panel?
If you do not want to display the Stats Panel, simply click the 'Stats' button at the top of the page.