Connecting Deputy to Xero
If you are using Xero for your business in Australia, New Zealand, or the UK you can quickly connect Deputy to your Xero Organisation.
Before getting started
In Deputy - ensure you have:
- Location Manager or System Administrator level of access to your Deputy business
In Xero - ensure you have:
- At least one active Organisation within Xero AU, NZ, or UK
- Payroll Admin or higher level of access to your Xero Organisation
- Configured your Xero payroll settings (https://central.xero.com/s/article/Prepare-for-payroll)
Establishing the connection to Xero
Connections to any payroll provider are made from a Deputy Location. The easiest way to connect is:
Within the Deputy Locations tab:
- Choose "Edit Settings" for the Deputy location you wish to connect
- From the Payroll tab, click "Connect to Xero"
- Step through the connection pop-up to authenticate to your Xero account and choose the Xero Organisation you want to connect (you may need enable pop-ups in your browser). Read here if you have multiple business files in Xero and need to know how to select the correct one.
Now that you have established a connection to Xero, you may want to:
- Sync your onboarded employees between Deputy and Xero
- Learn about exporting to Xero for Australia, the UK, and New Zealand
- Read more about Award interpretation for Xero Australia