Time billing in WorkflowMax
You can export your staff time and attendance data straight into WorkflowMax to speed up invoicing and cut down on double handling of data. WorkflowMax is great for invoicing, quoting, CRM etc whilst Deputy's strength is being the frontline tool your team uses to collect the data. Follow instructions on how you can export the timesheets from Deputy into WorkflowMax for invoicing (with automatic rate allocation for weekend/public holiday rates). The same data can be exported from Deputy again for payroll purposes.
Before You Begin
Email email@example.com to obtain your WorkflowMax Account Key for Deputy.com. This Account key is unique to your account and will be required at the time of carrying out your export from Deputy. Once you have entered it, it will be remembered for subsequent exports in the future.
To ensure a smooth and successful export you will need to configure your task names within WorkflowMax to be the same as the Departments/ Rostering areas within Deputy. However if matching task names are not found in WorkflowMax Deputy will opt to use the first available task in the Job.
Next associate the staff names on your WorkflowMax job to match those that you will export time and attendance data on. Names should be identical to ensure success. Similar to task names (as above), if Deputy staff are not found in WorkflowMax, it will automatically allocate all hours to the first available staff in the WorkflowMax job.
Exporting to Workflow Max
Within Deputy Navigate to Export Timesheets. Select your date period and the relevant staff names to export. Select Export Selected Items to begin the export.
Within the drop down menu choose WorkflowMax from the list and enter your WorkflowMax Account Key given to you by the support team at WorkflowMax and Click Export.
When exporting, you have the option of Using following combinations of how the Deputy Timesheets are matched with WorkflowMax Job:
- Define Job Code: All timesheets will be send to the defined job code
- Use Area name: The area name will be used to match with WorkflowMax Job ID/Name/Description/Client Name/Client Order. Any of these matches, all timesheets for the area will go to that specific job
- Use Area Export Code: The area export code will be used to match with WorkflowMax Job ID/Name/Description/Client Name/Client Order. Any of these matches, all timesheets for the area will go to that specific job
- Use Location Name: The location name will be used to match with WorkflowMax Job ID/Name/Description/Client Name/Client Order. Any of these matches, all timesheets for the area will go to that specific job
Once it matches the Job, it will then match the tasks for timesheet. Deputy will match timesheet's work area to match with job area. As long as either the name of the area or export code of the area matches with a task, the task will be used. If no matching tasks are found, Deputy will use the first allocated task of the job.
If you charge your customer special weekend or public holiday rates, Deputy can automatically cater for it! For example, you may have a task called cleaning, and there is special Saturday/Sunday/public holiday rates. In WorkflowMax you can allocate them with :
- Cleaning - general cleaning work
- Cleaning [Sat] - for any work on Saturday
- Cleaning [Sun] - for any work on Sunday
- Cleaning [PH] - for any work on Public Holiday
- Cleaning [Wed] - You can even charge a Wednesday rate if you like.
Deputy will automatically match the best task for the timesheet. All work done on the specific day will create a task for the exact hours done on the day. E.g. for a shift beginning at 8pm Friday to 3am Saturday, will go in with 4 hours of Friday rate and 3 hours of Saturday rate
You can open the timesheet tab within the WFM job and see your exported data populated by date.