The Deputy iPad kiosk can be used at your worksite for employees to clock on and clock off. It is a free download from the Apple iTunes store. Setup generally takes a few minutes to get it going and we've outlined the steps in this guide.
If you're looking to set up you Android Time Clock check out this guide to set up the Android Time Clock or to use the Web Kiosk check out this guide.
In this guide we'll cover:
- Set up the iPad Kiosk
- Kiosk recommendations and tips to consider
- Kiosk device compatibility and supported Apple Devices
Set Up the iPad Kiosk
Before we set up the Kiosk please note only a System Administrator or a Location Manager can setup the kiosk. Employees or Supervisors cannot set up a kiosk on their own.
First, download the iPad Kiosk app from the AppStore. After you've downloaded it open the app and tap 'Log In'.
On the next screen, enter the email address and password associated with your Deputy account.
After logging in, you will need to select the Kiosk name, the correct organisation, and the correct location you would like to associate the Kiosk with. When you have finished, tap 'Finish'.
Tips and Recommendations
Please note that Employees:
- will use their PINs to clock on/off
- can change their PIN by logging into Deputy from their computer or smartphone app and editing their profile. their PIN will be emailed to them. (Employees cannot change their PIN at the Kiosk)
- without a mobile number or any details, can provide a photo to log in. Please note when employees use a photo, it will only allow them to start and stop their shift. No private information such as availability or tasks will be shown.
- Kiosks are set up per location and will only show employees for that Location. For more on Locations check out this Getting Started Guide. If an employee is working from a different location, then they need to be rostered in the Kiosk at that location for their name to show up
- you set up the Kiosk tablet with a constant power supply so you never need to come back to it
- you enable parental controls on the iPad Kiosk to prevent employees from downloading apps or browse illicit sites. Follow this article on how to do so:
- you mount the Kiosk in a case which will stop it from being tampered with.
- the Kiosk is installed at head height level if you choose to enable photo verification for the kiosk.
- for enterprises or multi location businesses, consider deploying with a tool such as Meraki or AirWatch.
Kiosk Device Compatibility
The iPad Kiosk is available for iOS. Download the iPad Kiosk app from the AppStore.
Deputy Kiosk is available on iPad and iPhone devices with a camera running iOS 12+ although we recommend running it on iOS 13+
If you have any other questions, please speak to one of our Customer Support team members while setting up your kiosk.