Before You Start
When you first sign up to Deputy, the you will have the option to add employees. Afterwards, to add new employees, you will need to navigate to the People page.
From here, please click the blue "Add New People" dropdown menu button above the list to the right. You will be presented with two options, 'Add a Single Person' and 'Add/Import Multiple People'.
The following will appear when you click, 'Add a Single Person':
On this page, you can enter the employee's details, including contact details, job information (Access Levels, Locations, Stress Profile, and Training), Pay Rates, personal information, and emergency contact details.
The following will appear when you click 'Add/Import Multiple People':
First, please select the location that you would like to invite the new team members to. You can only add staff to one location at a time. Next, please fill in their name, and either their email address or their mobile (cell) phone number. You can also toggle the 'Send Invitation Email' option, which will send your employees an organisation invite email.
When you are done, please click 'Add People', which will invite these people to your organisation.
From the Add New People Screen, you can import employees' details to send them an invitation to join Deputy.
To do so, please click "Import or Upload a file" which will display a drop down menu of programs you may import from.
You can import from:
- Google, which will use the contacts linked to your gmail account to fill the contact fields as you fill them.
- Xero Payroll, which will ask you to connect to your Xero account, then sync those details to fill the fields. Please be aware that if you have created the employees in Deputy already, they should not be set to Automatic pay rates, as this will duplicate them. Additionally, your employees names and email addresses must be identical, which will avoid duplicating them.
- Xero Suppliers, which will do the same as Xero Payroll
- MYOB, which will require you to follow a few steps to download a tab-delimited file, which you will then upload to fill in the fields.
- QuickBooks, which will ask you to connect your account to Deputy, then sync employee details into the fields.
- Netsuite, which will ask you to connect, then import your employees into the fields.
- ZenPayroll, which will ask you to connect, then import your employees into the fields.
- WageEasy, which will ask you to connect, then follow a few steps to export your employee data as a CSV file, which you will then upload to Deputy.
- Excel, which will require you to download and fill a CSV file, then upload it, filling in the fields for you.
Once this is done and you have double-checked the details, please click "Add" to send an invitation to Deputy.