Before You Start
Stress management is a great way to control fatigue and overtime for your employees. You can control the following attributes of how and when stress warning will trigger with Deputy:
- Maximum number of hours per shift
- Maximum hours per week (Calculated based on the Week Start specified day)
- Maximum days per week
- Maximum hours per day (starting from midnight to midnight)
- Minimum hours between shifts (Only applicable for shifts finishing after 7pm and subsequent shift starting before 9AM next morning)
- Gap between shifts (default 0 hours)
With these parameters selected, you will get warning if the employee is going over the limit, as shown below:
Setting Stress Profiles
Assigning Stress Level To An Individual
In order to set the stress profile of an employee, follow these steps:
- Go to People Tab
- Click "Options" to the right of an Employee.
- Click "Edit"
- Choose one of the stress profiles.
- Click "Save" at the bottom.
Assigning Stress Level To Several Employees
You can also bulk assign stress profiles.
- Go to the People tab.
- Select the desired employees.
- Click Bulk Actions at the top of the list.
- Select "Set Stress Profile".People: Assigning Stress Level In Bulk
- Select the stress profile and click "Save". Set Stress Level in bulk
Scheduling Past an Employee's Stress Profile
If you attempt to schedule an employee and they have reached their stress profile limit, you will receive this message:
You can override this by clicking 'OK'.
Profile Parameters And Customisation
Profile - Max Hours Per Shift - Max Hours Per Week - Max Days Per Week - Max Hours per Day - Min Hours between Overnight
24/7 - 24 - 168 - 7 - 24 - 0
2 Days per Week - 48 48 24 8 1
CA Overtime 40hrs per week, 8hrs per day, Max 6 days per week 8 40 6 8 5
Max 20 Hours per week 20 20 7 20 1
Normal 38 Hours Per Week7.6 38 5 7.6 1 2
Standard 40 Hours 8 40 5 8 12
USA Overtime 40hrs per week, 8hrs per day 8 40 78 5
The default gap between shifts is 0 hours, meaning an employee may be scheduled immediately after their shift ends. If you would like to allow additional time (for example, so they aren't scheduled again in a distant location) you can use the Custom Rules section (found when editing/creating a stress profile). To determine the gap between shifts, please copy and paste this in:
Next, change the 12 to whichever number suits best. For example, set it to 2.5 for two and a half hours gap between shifts.
Stress profiles can be customised to suit your specific business needs. If you need custom stress profiles created for your business, please don't hesitate to contact customer support.