For 1st July we have implemented 2 versions of the [MA000119] Restaurant Industry Award, also known as RIA.
The rationale behind 2 versions is one will be incorporating the new penalty cuts (post 1 July 2017 version) to comply with new penalty rate cuts and the other one will remain same (pre 1 July 2017 version) it will still be compliant but for employers that don’t want to pay their employees the updated penalty loadings as per fair work.
There are 4 sectors for Full-Time and Part-Time;
- Full Time - Pre 1 July 2017
- Full Time - Post 1 July 2017
- Part Time - Pre 1 July 2017
- Part Time - Post 1 July 2017
There are 4 sectors for Casuals - All casuals must be paid for a minimum of 2 hours
- Casual - Level 1 and 2- Post 1 July 2017
- Casual - Level 3 and above - Post 1 July 2017
- Casual - Level 1 and 2- Pre 1 July 2017
- Casual - Level 3 and above - Pre 1 July 2017
We have built these awards in line with the weekly interpretation as provided by Fair Work.
Full-Time & Part-Time - Post 1 July 2017
Casual - Level 1 and 2 - Post 2017
Casual - Level 3 and above - Post 2017
Full-Time & Part-Time - Pre 1 July 2017
Casual - Level 1 and 2 - Pre 2017
Casual - Level 3 and above - Pre 2017
Allowances - Not Automated
- Split shift allowance
- Meal allowance
- Tool allowance - apprentice cooks
To add the allowances into the export please follow the below instructions;
Approve the timesheet, then unapprove the pay item.
Add in the shift loading and number of units/hours.
Approve the pay item.
Conditions that have not been included
- Who is affected - What should happen - Can this be done in Deputy
- All Employees - Higher Duties: If an employee works at a higher classification, pay the higher rate - This can be done in Premium through Area based pay.
- Part Time Employees - Overtime should be calculating at the employee’s “Ordinary Hours” per week, rather than at 38 hours. - This can be done in Enterprise.
- All employees - Automated Allowances - This can be done in Enterprise