For 1st July we have implemented 2 versions of the Hospitality Industry General Award, also known as the HIGA award.
The rationale behind two versions of the reward, because one will be incorporating the new penalty cuts (post 1 July 2017 version) to comply with new penalty rate cuts and the other one, will remain same (pre 1 July 2017 version). It will still be compliant, but for employers that don’t want to pay their employees the updated penalty loadings as per fair work.
We have also included the 1 July 2018 Fair Work updates.
There are 4 sectors for Full-Time and Part-Time;
- Full Time - Post 2017
- Part Time - Post 2017
- Full Time - Pre 2017
- Part Time - Pre 2017
There are 2 sectors for Casuals - All casuals must be paid for a minimum of 2 hours
- Casual - Post 2017
- Casual - Pre 2017
This award is also built in with the Higher Duties allowance. To set this automation up, you will need to set the areas as the following:
- Create an area with the name "Higher Duties". You will need to set up the rate according to your business.
Full-Time & Part-Time - Post 2017
Full-Time & Part-Time - Pre 1 July 2017
Casual - Post 2017
Casual - Pre 2017
Fair Work Commission Updates - 1 July 2018
We've included changes as announced by the Fair Work Commission, effective 1 July 2018. This affects casual employee's overtime rates and Sunday rates for full-time and part-time employees.
Casual - Overtime Rates
Casual employees now earn overtime rates. They can receive these rates if:
- the employee works more than 38 hours per week, or an average of 38 hours per week over a roster cycle
- the employee works more than 11 hours on any day
Full-time and part-time employees are paid the following percentages of their base pay rate:
Allowances - Not Automated
- Airport Catering - Travel Allowance
- Cooks - Tool Allowance
- FT- Catering Employees - Laundry Allowance
- FT - First Aid Allowance
- FT - Fork Lift Driver Allowance
- Meal Allowance
- Motel Employees - Laundry Allowance
- Overnight Stay Allowance
- Supervisor Allowance (0-5 Employees)
- Supervisor Allowance (6-10 Employees)
- Supervisor Allowance (11-20 Employees)
- Supervisor Allowance (20+ Employees)
- Vehicle Allowance - Up To ATO Limit
- Vehicle Allowance - Above ATO Limit
To add the allowances into the export please follow the below instructions;
Approve the timesheet, then unapprove the pay item.
Add in the shift loading and number of units/hours.
Approve the pay.
Conditions that have not been included
Who is affected What should happen Can this be done in Deputy
- Affected: All Employees. Higher Duties - If an employee works at a higher classification, pay the higher rate. This can be done in Premium through Area based pay.
- Affected: Part Time Employees. Overtime should be calculating at the employee’s “Ordinary Hours” per week, rather than at 38 hours. This can be done in Enterprise.
- Affected: All employees. Automated Allowances. This can be done in Enterprise.